Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Fog / Foggy eyes in the AM : do I need new prescription glas

User Profile
what is this fog I see when I get up? and the floaters?
do you recognize the symptoms????????
they say my rx on glasses is not enough to change

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Vision & Eye Disorders Answer A2879
You have written:"List of pre-existing conditions: glaucoma, cataracts had lens implant....no glaucoma now...had lens implant 20 years ago.

List of other diseases, conditions, or injuries and their treatment: had a fall flat on face slipped in ice this past winter, broke nose.

Current medical status: optician said I list a reading line. saw eye md and doctor said optic nerve, etc all good.....only thing md saw specks blood....I have complained floaters and foggie only happened 3 times upon rising in morning. I do have dry eyes and rub them alot especxially when I get up....want to know why I am seeing fog which clears in an hour? md put me on steroid eye drops and I go back in 3 weeks. we have diabetes in family, the md wants me to take the hemaglobin a1c test and have results before I see md again.

Current medical treatment: steroid eye drops and was told not to rub eyes. md said lens looks good, all looks good and md cant tell where blood specks came from."

According to your symptoms (foggy vision and floaters in the sight) there are 2 main possibilities:
1. Some type of eye disorder may be causing these symptoms. You already have been diagnosed with some eye disorders that can cause such symptoms, or
2. A disorder outside the eyes is interrupting the vision (hypotension, hypoglycemia…). Additionally, the symptoms occur when rising in the morning, which might indicate postural hypotension. You can request some blood tests (glucose level in the blood) and blood pressure measurement. Diabetes mellitus has to be excluded because it can also affect the eyes (diabetic retinopathy).
You seemed to indicated that everything was OK but you didn’t tell my why your doctor prescribed you steroid eye drops. Probably everything wasn't OK. Therefore, it seems logical that you consult an ophthalmologist and your primary health provider for follow up.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vision and Eye Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.