User Profile
i want to get my belly done, but im not sure.
my belly skin hasnt exactly snapped back all the way yet. my skin is very streachy by my belly button so i dont know if i should wait to get it done or if my skin being streachy wont matter?

also i'm not sure if i want it done because im scared it will hurt Embarassed

other then that i really want it done
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2007
Supporter
It was a pretty easy piercing. I just hated when it would rub up against my clothing, and it was infected all the time. I applied polysporin, but it didn't matter. I don't recommend them.
|

replied May 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
.mine gets infected all the time too but .i don't really mind since most of the time it is my fault for touching it andd not keeping up (.i am dumb).

.i love the way it looks though!
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2007
Experienced User
I have my belly pierced as well,and i have done body piercing for over 5 years...its not a piercing for everyone thats for sure and i had trouble with mine in the beginning as well but now i forget its even there...i found wearing a barbell instead or a ring was much better for me ....if you are not sure if you will like it then buy one of those fake ones and you can kind of get the feel of what it might be like ....as far as pain goes i never had a problem with that and alot of the people a have pierced expected the worse got there adrenaline pumping and then when they got it done realized that it wasnt so bad after all...
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i got mine done when i was like 12 or 13 and it didn't really hurt at all, at least not that i can remember. mine never got infected either, but at the beginning i remember it hurting to lay on my stomach. its easy! well mine was Laughing i want it again but im afraid itll hurt even worse because it's going through scar tissue.
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2007
Supporter
Bratz72 wrote:
I have my belly pierced as well,and i have done body piercing for over 5 years...its not a piercing for everyone thats for sure and i had trouble with mine in the beginning as well but now i forget its even there...i found wearing a barbell instead or a ring was much better for me ....if you are not sure if you will like it then buy one of those fake ones and you can kind of get the feel of what it might be like ....as far as pain goes i never had a problem with that and alot of the people a have pierced expected the worse got there adrenaline pumping and then when they got it done realized that it wasnt so bad after all...

where could i get one of those?
|

replied May 31st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
.most piercers use barbells for the original piercing anyway. .they sell them at the parlor where you get it done, just ask whoever you go to about it and which will be best for you/
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i was the first person in my school to have it done when i was 14 (9 years ago Crying or Very sad ) i loved it but i took it out with my pregnancies and kept getting it repierced cause it kept closing up.

i had it re done a few months ago and it got infected so i took it out and i don't think i'll do it again but i really miss it. it hurts no more than a blood test imo.
|

replied May 31st, 2007
Experienced User
I must be really weak with pain i had mine done when i was about 16 or 17 and it HURT Crying or Very sad It never got infected but i told myself i would never have that done again, i'm such a woss! Laughing Hopefully i can get it back in after Courtney come's 'cause i like having one in i hope it has'nt closed up Shocked
|

replied May 31st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i think they are super retarded.

... but that is just me.
|

replied May 31st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i had the top and bottom pierced and love it and i miss it.. i actually had the top done 5 times.. because i just do not heal well from piercings.. It makes me feel so much better about my stomach though.. makes me feel thinner for whatever reason.. Im getting my done again asap after i pop this kid out.
|

replied May 31st, 2007
Experienced User
I had mine peierecd and so did my friend at the same place and neither of us had a problem with infections I think you need to make sure you go to a reputable clean place and follow their instructions to the letter (I did) I still think its fun Very Happy
|

replied May 31st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
tanyaface wrote:
i think they are super retarded.

... but that is just me.

I totally wish I hadn't done mine. My b button got sooooo jacked up because of it when I was pregnant.

I wouldn't do it again...that's for sure.

I wouldn't do my tongue again either.

I'm fine with 6 holes in each ear...that I don't even wear...mreh.

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2007
Experienced User
i got mine done on my 15th bday and it really didnt take it long to heal.

ive got a question for you all..i have my nipples pierced..if i dont breast feed do you all think ill still have to take them out? (this is ofcourse assuming that id be pregnant lol cuz im not now lol)
|

replied May 31st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Blink for Soup wrote:
i got mine done on my 15th bday and it really didnt take it long to heal.

ive got a question for you all..i have my nipples pierced..if i dont breast feed do you all think ill still have to take them out? (this is ofcourse assuming that id be pregnant lol cuz im not now lol)
only thing i could see why you might take them out is that when your boobs become engorged they might even hurt more with them in.
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2007
Supporter
I got mine done when i was 11, they put ice on it to start with so i didn't feel a thing. it healed really quickly and well. I've still got it in now three weeks away from my due date! it looks gross but i don't care becasue i only got it done for me, i hated showing of my stomach before i got pregnant becasue i was so self consious
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...