Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Please Give Advice* 2 Questions*

Hi everyone how are all of you? Those that are preg. How is your pregnancy progressing'? How are all the little ones?? ? I am 18, and 19 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I go on march 10th to get my special ultrasound at this big hospital to make sure my baby is okay. Their all pretty sure he (most likely its a he, as far as we know) is.. Anyhow .. 2 questions for ya all*

1) as you might already know, the father of my baby is this guy name ryan. He is a jerk. He pushed abortion in the beginning.. Then started lying and telling everyone it wasnt his.. Was mean to me... Didnt talk to me etc.. Well now he called me and told me that he is going to his dads house either today or tomorrow to tell him about me being pregnant (their divorced and he hasnt even told him yet!) anyhow he said I could come with him to talk to his dad. My parents tell me not to go because he hasnt been in it with me and thats hes just trying to use me so his dad wont go as crazy when im there.. Which im sure thats all true. . . My boyfriend doesnt want me going either really but he wont be mad... Anyhow. . I kinda wanna go tho because I would like to be able to talk to his dad and see his reaction and get the real story on how he feels because I dont trust ryan to give it to me. I have only met his dad once and he doesnt remember who I am even so I wont go approach him alone. I mean.. I just think, it is the babys soon-to-be grandfather. .But no one seems to think I should go, but they dont understand, I dont want to go to give ryan support, I want to go to talk to his father . .What do u think? Be honest, maybe im just not thinking straight. Thanks!

Also, #2) how many calories do u think you should be eating while pregnant? Ive read 2000-2200.. How many do u girls eat around? I try shooting for about 2,000.. Sometimes I go over tho, sometimes under. Thanks!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 25th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I dont count calories,,,!!!! Lol, I prolly eat like 5000 literally! Lmao
|

Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

Extremely eHealthy
For the calories.. I dont count.. I dont even count my meals a day I just eat lol!
As for the guy thing, I think u should meet with his dad but I dont agree with the idea of u going with ryan to see him...... Maybe u can contact his dad and talk to him yourself, tell him u just wanted to know if hes interested in being a part of the bays life.. Or go with ryan but let him know its not to support him... I just dont see why he should depend on u for going when hes pulled all that crap on u.... Hes lucky u didnt even hang up on him or stop acknowledging him. But what u feelis best for the baby, then do that. Maybe it wouldnt hurt to put up with the father of the baby for a lil while... It all depends... This is actually a hard situation to choose but I say if u can fidn some time to talk to the dad without ryan around, that would probably be better Smile I hope everything works out!

Shauna
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Sorry I really don't have much advice about the guy thing (i'm really bad at that kind of stuff) but about the calories as an 18 year old you should be eating about 2000-2200 calories if you weren't pregnant. Since you are you should add about 300-500 a day. I hope things work out for you and that you and your baby are healthy! Are they going to do a 3-d ultrasound??? Because they do those in high risk and they are so neat!
Love
tanya
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thank you so much everyone! Im still thinking on it. One good thing is nothin bad can happen and if I had any probs.. My boyfriend lives right next door to ryans dads house!

And darling, yep their going to do that too, im excited*
|

replied February 26th, 2004
Experienced User
My Incident
I have only just come out of hospital as my babies dad bet me ysterday really bad n there is now n high risk my baby is goin to have brain damage or b deformed in some way. (not def and remember girls time difference is different over here incase u fink im liein but trust I wudnt bout this)
but to add to it I have also found out there is a high chance my baby will be still born now do I go through all this and still either end up wit a child I wont be able to cope with or having to carry my child for 9 months only o find out it has died during labour?

Thats what happened to me as you can see in a post I put. So dont put yourself in any danger where he could harm your child as my babies dad seems to be similar to yours. I am not tellin you what to do but please be careful as I dont wnat you goin through what I am.

Please be careful and take

rachel xx
|

Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

Extremely eHealthy
You deserve that..

As for the calories, you are taking your vitamins right? And who cares, I didnt count calories!!
|

Experienced User
Ws That to Me?
Did you say that I deserved that?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...