User Profile
Let's take this thread to introduce ourselves and get to know one another...

Hello, I am Diane i am 22 years old, i have a almost 2 yr old son and a 5 mth old daughter, I am a moderator on this forum. I suffered from anorexia and bulimia for 5 yrs, i finally got help in 2004 and saw a therapist for a yr i was put on antidepressants at this time. I eventually stopped therapy and moved in with my sister , the end of 2004 i got pregnant with my son. I still struggled and still do with the eating disorder although now i am better able to control it . I have my bad days where i dont wanna eat at all, but since i got pregnant with my son ive never purged once. Its just harder now because then i was never really fat and now im a little heavier due to having kids and i cant stand it. But i am here to support you and help you in any way i can. If you should have aproblem with anyone in this forum or just questions feel free to PM me. Also check out the stick Are you or aloved one suffering, theres alot of good information in there as well!
thanks
Diane
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 9th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
Diane is the Moderator for this forum...but we also want to hear from you. Please introduce yourselves!

User Profile
replied August 9th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
thats a great idea lee. I would like to here a lil bit about everyone here Smile, doesnt have to be related to your struggles. just alil to get to know ya . Feel free to add anything about yourself you want. Smile
|

replied December 9th, 2007
I'm a middle aged woman, mom of 3 grown kids, grandma of 1 and a half, recently separated. Work as a nurse. ED for as long as I can remember off and on. Am trying to learn again to paint, knit, and garden, things I didn't do for a long time. My favorite movie right now "August Rush." Everyone should see it. I read everything, trying to develop more friendships right now, and am glad to find this site so I can talk with someone who is familiar with the ED issues.
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Welcome to the forum!, this site is awesome there aer a bunch oflovely people on here !
|

replied January 2nd, 2008
Hello, My name is Dez. I'm 28 years old married with no children. I'm currently working on a Bachelors degree in communications. I go through cycles of binging/purging for weeks at a time. Then it will go into remission for months. I was doing well from June until Thanksgiving. The combination of stress from finals and the holidays broke me. I've been struggling to keep myself under control.
I have a couple of tools that I can use to help with the ED. I use a healthy diet (I follow NutriSystem's guide and eat 1200-1500 calories a day). That coupled with keeping myself busy (including exercise) really helps keep the monster at bay.

I'm beginning a ED therapy group tomorrow evening.
I'm very open with those around me about my eating disorder. I've told close friends, family members, and even written papers for school about my personal experience with bulimia. The funny and ironic thing is that people don't try to help you as much (so it may seem) when you openly admit you have a problem. Perhaps that is because all another person can do to help a sufferer is to confront them with their disease. Well I've already done that for them. So it would appear I'm free to do as I wish. My husband, who is a loving and supportive man, says very little about me purging an entire pizza immediately after eating it. That just seems so strange to me. Maybe he doesn't know what the right thing to do is. I don't know what the right thing for him to do is.
Tonight I told him (once again, it happens each episode) that I will be seeking help for this disorder. He suggested I try Weight Watchers meetings. I thought it was sweet that he was trying. I told him that "No, I think I'll go to an Eating Disorder group. I already know how to eat... I just don't know how to control myself."
I'm actually relatively educated on what I should be eating to have a lean and well functioning body. It's just I get kind of crazy and binge on anything in sight sometimes. I doubt if Weight Watchers will come to my home and baby-sit me. (hahaha)

Anyways thanks for reading this.
|

replied January 22nd, 2008
My name is Hailey and I am nineteen years old. Ive had bulimia for about four years. I went to treatment once and actually got worse when I got out. Currently I am in recovery though and havent relapsed for about four months. Even though I'm not purging I have begun to not eat much and abuse diet pills.
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....