Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

I Am Anxiety And Medication Free After Years

Some of you might remember me from months ago when I was like you all searching for the miricle cure and trying anything and everything to get ANXIETY free. Well I have done it.

Short history - I was diagnosed with anxiety when my daughter was 8 months old, my symptoms however had been around for a few years before that they just peaked after her birth. I was put on xanax .25mg and was taking up to 4 a day at some stages. I was also given effexor to try - they took away the feelings in the short term but I had no life because I was so worried about the symptoms returning.

In November my life was the worsed it had ever been. I could hardly cope with daily activities and my work and family where suffering. In December I made an appointment to see a phsycologist. We worked on CBT, took out some of my safety behaviours by working on each symptom one day at a time. From my first session I did not take another xanax!!I had been on them for 2 years! I went to a session once a week, at $150.00 au a session it was pricey but I would have paid $1000.00au per session to get to where I am today. I had a total of 12 sessions and for the past 3 months I have been anxiety free. TOTALLY - I am back to normal and I am the happiest I have ever been. I am confident, I am fit (I walk 4 days a week and do sit ups each night) my hair is always nice, my clothes are always smart and I am ALWAY happy and smiling. My daughter has her mum back and I found the courage to leave an unhappy marriage. My husband and I are very good friends and we are both happier then we have been in a while!!!

So all I can say is go to a Phsycologist - work on each area that needs working on COMMITTEE WHOLEY and SOLEY and YOU will be ANXIETY FREE.

I have passed on my experiences to 2 friends that I met on this forum and another and they to have taken this step and are 90% cured. and are so confident that they will be 100% in no time.

Thanks for reading and best wishes.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Bek
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
Your story sounds fantastic! After a long time of suffering myself, but with 3 little children, I also decided to just find someone good to help me. So far I've spent 450 on a psychiatrist who decided I need some medication to begin with, and put me in touch with a good psychologist for some CBT. After just 4 weeks of meds and 2 CBT sessions I am beginning to see the light at the end of a tunnel, and I am actually starting to spend some quality time with my kids! Your story makes me believe even more that I can too be anxiety-free one day. Thank you for posting this message! And all the best!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...