Well I went down to the college today and. . . .I start on thrusday! I'm so excited,anxious and scared! I have to do some paperwork and take an entrance test tomorrow and then a walk through and stuff Wednesday. Then i'm off to class! yay!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2007
Supporter
Congrats! What are you going to be going to school for? I'm sure you've already said a million times, but I have a horrible memory.
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yay mel! im proud of you!
|

replied May 28th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Excited!
~*~Melissa~*~ wrote:
Well I went down to the college today and. . . .I start on thrusday! I'm so excited,anxious and scared! I have to do some paperwork and take an entrance test tomorrow and then a walk through and stuff Wednesday. Then i'm off to class! yay!!!

Wow. I can not wait till i go back to school and finally finsih and become something stupid babysitting.
|

replied May 28th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
That's awesome, I'm excited for you. I hope you can tough it out and even enjoy it! It'll be a lot of work but it is so rewarding. Lots of luck!
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Congrats, Melissa! What are you going to be studying again??
|

replied May 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
thanks guys! I really am excited!!!! Actually I forgot to say what I was going for I was so happy Laughing I'm going for medical assistnat and i'm also taking phlabotomy and x-ray tech classes! It's going to be so hard but this time i'm going to try,unlike highschool.I am going to try and get a's and b's.Just hope fpr me! thanks for your support ladies,your part of teh reason i'm going for it.You made me feel like I could! Smile
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
THat sounds great I'm sooo happy for you! I think you'll do great!! Are you going to try to test out of some of your basic classes?

(p.s. I'm decent at math...so If you need help I'm your girl Wink Science..you're on your own...)
|

replied May 29th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
good luck, mel! you'll do great!

i *hated* high school but i really liked college. i actually miss homework sometimes, especially math! college is so different from high school. i hope you like it!
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Yay .Mel! You can do it!
|

replied May 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
mc4ever02 wrote:
THat sounds great I'm sooo happy for you! I think you'll do great!! Are you going to try to test out of some of your basic classes?

(p.s. I'm decent at math...so If you need help I'm your girl Wink Science..you're on your own...)
Am I going to test out my basic classes? uh,yeah?maybe i'm a blonde,lol Laughing I was in one honors math class but had to be placed in a normal class.The teacher was wacky and the wy she taught was. . .not normal.they wouldn't give me another honors techer and said I could only downgrade.what?!?!Math is not my thing so i'll def. hit you up if I need help! thanks!

bridget,I hope I like it better than high school.one of my best friends will be in a class with me one day out of the week so thats pretty cool.I'm glad its a small classroom and its hands on!

thanks ladies!
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
That is .Great .Melissa! Are you close in distance to your College? Will you be able to keep your job and all? I am really happy for you!
|

replied May 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
sandyallen wrote:
That is .Great .Melissa! Are you close in distance to your College? Will you be able to keep your job and all? I am really happy for you!
I live about 20-30 min away(depends on traffic really) and yes I plan on keeping both jobs.If I see that I could be doing better in school and/or i'm wearing myself out,i'll quit my part time job. I don't want to compromise my future Wink thank you sandy!
|

replied May 29th, 2007
Experienced User
Medical Assistant Cool cool... !!! I'll be starting my .Master .Cert. in aplied project management in .september. but i won;t be going into any school/ campus, bcos it is a distance learning and part time course. which i really miss college life, hopefully i get to spend atleast last semester at the uni for this ...

good luck .mel, do update here yea...
|

replied May 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
bel_bel wrote:
Medical Assistant Cool cool... !!! I'll be starting my .Master .Cert. in aplied project management in .september. but i won;t be going into any school/ campus, bcos it is a distance learning and part time course. which i really miss college life, hopefully i get to spend atleast last semester at the uni for this ...

good luck .mel, do update here yea...
thank you bel bel!

this freakin paper work is killing me! lord,they give you a whole stack to fill out in 1 day! Shocked I winder if they will just let me start next week. SHe said this week was a floater week anyhow and others might not start until next week.I got my mom to go to school too but she's getting pretty frustrated with the paperwork.

oh and I took the entrance exam and got an above average score! yayay!
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
~*~Melissa~*~ wrote:

Congrats! That's awsome!

Yeah, some colleges will let you 'test out' of certian classes. (you take a test that you proves you know enough of that course to not take it.) That way you don't have to waste your time (or money) its normally from 100-300 for the test, but thats cheaper than the class.
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2007
Community Volunteer
congrats girl!! That is Awesome!!!!! good luck
|

replied May 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
mc4ever02 wrote:
~*~Melissa~*~ wrote:

Congrats! That's awsome!

Yeah, some colleges will let you 'test out' of certian classes. (you take a test that you proves you know enough of that course to not take it.) That way you don't have to waste your time (or money) its normally from 100-300 for the test, but thats cheaper than the class.
I'm not that smart Laughing

thanks jess!
|

replied May 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i'm happy for you! congrats.
|

replied May 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
thank you tanya!

'm allll stressed out right now.since I caught the 1st semester the week it was starting I have to rush to do my paperwork and i'm all scatter brained! I have so much to do like pay my bills that are all due this week and next but school has been taking up my time since monday.ugh,I don't know man. . .
|
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...