Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Noone Seems 2 Be Helpful I Need 2 Know!!!!!!!!!!!

My situation

My last period was April 24 and to this day I still have not had my period. I was on the pill but I stopped taking them May 1st because they made me sick. I had sex May 2nd unprotected but I used some form of foam. this month Im still having sex but with the foam.I have had the some symptoms so I took two at home tests but they came out negative. I went to the doctor and took another test that came out negative so she told me that if my periodi s not here by the end of the month (1 week left) that I am pregnant. My periods lasts 7 days and according to my pills I always start my period on a Tuesday. Now all of a sudden I am getting cramps,feeling nausea, and having loss of appettite. but my boyfriend is sleeping longer, getting lazy(thats not like him), and eating like a pig. Please Let me Know Something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 27th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Noone Seems 2 Be Helpful I Need 2 Know!!!!!!!!!!!
kentoniece wrote:
My situation

My last period was April 24 and to this day I still have not had my period. I was on the pill but I stopped taking them May 1st because they made me sick. I had sex May 2nd unprotected but I used some form of foam. this month Im still having sex but with the foam.I have had the some symptoms so I took two at home tests but they came out negative. I went to the doctor and took another test that came out negative so she told me that if my periodi s not here by the end of the month (1 week left) that I am pregnant.
I'm sorry but a real doctor would not have told you this. If your period does not arrive by the end of the month, there is a possibility that you could be pregnant. However, that possibility is still quite small.

The best advice I can give is to calm down and relax. Stress can delay your period from arriving which in turn creates more stress. So take deep breaths and try to focus on something else.

You've taken two at home tests and they both came up negative. Chances are that you are not pregnant, unless you took both of those too early. You can always get another test now and one at this point in time would give you the right answer. If it's negative, you aren't pregnant.

There can be a lot of reasons why your period is late that have nothing to do with pregnancy. Anovulation, hormonal imbalance, a cold, or infection, just to name a quick few. It's not uncommon for a woman to miss a period every now and then.

You are most likely not pregnant. In the future, you might want to think about getting condoms, either male or female, and using those every time you have sex until you can find a method of birth control that you like. Condoms protect you from pregnancy and infections so you should always use them with new partners or partners who are not monogamous with you.

Quote:
My periods lasts 7 days and according to my pills I always start my period on a Tuesday. Now all of a sudden I am getting cramps,feeling nausea, and having loss of appettite. but my boyfriend is sleeping longer, getting lazy(thats not like him), and eating like a pig. Please Let me Know Something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why would your boyfriends change in behavior matter? I don't understand that.

If you're having cramps, it's a good sign that you aren't pregnant and will more than likely start your period soon. Just calm down and wait for it to arrive. You are more than likely not pregnant.
Best of luck!
Peace,
Jenn
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I also don't understand what your boyfriend's behavior has to do with whether or not you are pregnant. I also have a hard time believing that a doctor told you that if you do not get your period, you are pregnant. If your doctor honestly said that, you should think about switching doctors. There are many reasons that a woman might not get her period. If your doctor is not familiar with those things, that isn't a good sign. I think it is more than likely that you misunderstood your doctor or that the doctor said you might be pregnant if you don't get your period. There's a big difference between "might" and "definitely."

You can never go by symptoms when you are wondering if you are pregnant. Not everyone gets early pregnancy symptoms at all. Also, early pregnancy symptoms are the same as the symptoms for dozens of other things. Since your boyfriend is having symptoms too, it's far more likely that you both have something like the flu.

If you do not want to get pregnant, you will need to use birth control every single time you have sex. Foams are ok, but they're actually not all that reliable. You should look into male latex condoms or a different pill. There are many different kinds of birth control pills out there. If one makes you sick, that does not mean the others will.

No method of birth control is 100% effective, so every time you have sex, you run the risk of getting pregnant. We are not going to be able to tell you much more than that. Only a test can tell you for sure if you are pregnant. If you still think you might be pregnant in a week or two, you can take another one.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...