Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

5-htp And Birth Control Pills?

Does anyone know if 5-htp will affect the effectiveness of my birth control pills? I currently take Nordette. Also, if it DOES lessen the pills effectiveness, is there another similar supplement that I can take that won't interact in such a way? Thanks so much in advance for any help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
why are you taking it?

I don't really know if it does interact with birth control. When you were prescribed birth control, you should've told you doc you were taking it. I would call a pharmacist or doctor and ask them directly. However, they might tell you you shouldn't be taking it, because it is kind've silly.....

Does it actually help you? With what??
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...