Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Feeling Dizzy Most of the Day

I have had about 5 panic attacks during the last 3 months. I have never experienced something like that in the past. I have taken tests to eliminate the posibility of heart problem or thyroid problem. What really bothers me is the fact that during the last 4 weeks I feel most of the day a strange feeling of dizzines. My head and ears feel heavy and this affects my mood signifficantly. Has anyone experienced something like that? What should I do? Is this constant feeling normal for someone who suffers from panic disorder? I haven't been to a phychiatrist yet but I plan on visiting one really soon.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper crazyorwhat
|

replied February 25th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
When my anxiety first became noticeable that is exactly how I felt. I felt soooo dizzy all day and my chest felt heavy. I was honestly to the point where I believed I was dying. You can go to the psychiatrist, but you can also get medications for anxiety from your family doctor. If you have insurance then I would see a psych. But I have always gotten mine from my family doctor. I am on zoloft now which really does help. I am not dizzy all of the time anymore and my stomach pains are gone, but I do occasionally feel an attack coming on. They do not get severe, but I can tell that if I were not on meds, it would be bad. Hope this helped!
|

replied March 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
The symptoms you describe could also be caused by middle ear or other ear, nose, throat, sinus infection so I would also get that checked. I'm not saying you don't have panic attacks just that the dizziness, head & ears feeling heavy could also be due to other things. Either way though feeling like that would cause your moods to swing, actually it would make me pretty hard to live with.
|

replied August 9th, 2004
Me Too
I have the same problem..Im sooo dizzy for over a week now...I have done some reserch online and found that this is becoming very common with people that have anxiety I think we just need to relax and eat a low carb diet,exercize and just letting go of that worthless feeling of worrying over stuff we cant change. I hope it helps to know theres somebody out there with the same problem, I know it helps me to know im not alone. You will be fine.
|

replied August 17th, 2004
Hmm..
I didn't know that stomach pains could be from anxiety, what kind of stomach pains ? Cause I know what im feeling is not from just that time of month cramps, its more.
|

replied August 18th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Oh goodness, you can get all kinds of pains from stress/anxiety. I developed irritable bowel syndrome from my anxiety and I get all kinds of pains. I get the diarhea pains (we all know that feeling, right?) plus I get pains that feel like my ovaries are going to explode. I get heartburn sometimes, chest pain, and all different kinds of odd pains. So, for you it could be like mine or different. It is just hard to tell.
|

Oh ok, I feel somewhat normal then. Thoght I was getting something bad but I don't think it's close to being as bad as ibs..Sorry to hear about all your pains, ouch
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ah, it is no big deal. Thanks for the sympathy, but I am use to it and it isn't nearly as bad now as it was when I first got it. No biggie
|

replied August 19th, 2004
I had a panic attack today and last night, and almost thought I was gonna end up in hospital. I'm afraid of dying every single moment of the day, and it has gotten to the point where I really believe I am going to die. I have breathlessness all of the time, feelings of dizziness like i'm "out of my body" almost, and my head feels heavy and my throat tight. My heart beats too fast most of the time aswell. I just feel generally unwell and have done for months, although asthma and any chest problems have been ruled out. I still feel like this everyday. I'm going back to the doctors tomorrow, hopefully they'll get some tests sorted out for me before I go completely insane *fingers crossed*

to all who are suffering from anxiety out there, if it's anything like this, I really feel for you all. No one can understand the debilitating pain it causes until it actually is happening to you.

Xxx
|

replied August 20th, 2004
Take it easy hel, I don't go thru that level of dizziness but I have developed breathlessness for the past 3 years. Sometimes I will feels light headed and my face starts to numb a bit.. I would quickly take deep breaths and move around...
|

replied July 27th, 2010
i have been dizzy for over 3 weeks dont know wats wrong wit me i always feel like i wanna pass out all the time i stop using buses cause i panic i am gonna pass out i dread going out anywhere cause i think i am gonna pass out i am not sure if this is anxiety
|

replied July 28th, 2010
Hel wrote:
I had a panic attack today and last night, and almost thought I was gonna end up in hospital. I'm afraid of dying every single moment of the day, and it has gotten to the point where I really believe I am going to die. I have breathlessness all of the time, feelings of dizziness like i'm "out of my body" almost, and my head feels heavy and my throat tight. My heart beats too fast most of the time aswell. I just feel generally unwell and have done for months, although asthma and any chest problems have been ruled out. I still feel like this everyday. I'm going back to the doctors tomorrow, hopefully they'll get some tests sorted out for me before I go completely insane *fingers crossed*

to all who are suffering from anxiety out there, if it's anything like this, I really feel for you all. No one can understand the debilitating pain it causes until it actually is happening to you.

Xxx
hi i have been suffering from the exact same feelings i have had blood test thyroid test and ecg all normal i just feel so horrible like i wanna sleep all day and very faint im making my doctor do a ct scan next time i c her im just so worried!
|

replied July 28th, 2010
fayelouise wrote:
i have been dizzy for over 3 weeks dont know wats wrong wit me i always feel like i wanna pass out all the time i stop using buses cause i panic i am gonna pass out i dread going out anywhere cause i think i am gonna pass out i am not sure if this is anxiety

oh my god i feel exactly the same my doc just tells me its anxiety because my blood test came back normal i just think how can nothing be wriong with me and yet ui feel so sick?????
|

replied August 10th, 2010
I had been feeling dizzy for the last 2 months, and after undergoing every single test available, I have just completed 4 weeks in hospital for depression and anxiety. Please get help now. I am on antidepressent medication and medication for anxiety and my life is nearly back to normal, and guess what, dizziness has gone away. Your GP should be able to recommend medication and Psychology services and I believe you really cannot do one without the other. Psychology services will help you deal with whatever it is causing the depression and anxiety. Good luck and get help.
|

replied August 10th, 2010
PS. If you are in Australia, do a google search on Healthscope. This is the hospital program that helped me and they have hospitals all over Australia. If you are in a private health fund, all you pay is your excess.

I hope this helps everybody.xx
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...