Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

How Satisfied Are You With Your Insulin Pump?

Do you like ur pump? or want one
Yes i love it
No not very much
i want one
85%  85%  [ 6 ]
14%  14%  [ 1 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7
Well just the other day i got a pump and so far its NOT goin very well i have gone to 500 blood sugars all the way to 30. yes its not making me feel very well...although if it does get better i think ill like it..i hope..
cuz as of now i do not feel good at all..but i think we're figuring it out. Well i just thought id share...Ne one have advise..any one have these problems? they get better??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 2nd, 2007
Re: Tight Bs Control...
Hi Karra...it takes close communication with your endocrinologist and a few weeks to get your BS's under tight control...it does get better. I've been on a pump for 14 years, through 3 successful pregnancies and there's no way i'd go back to injections. I hope your BS's level out...report a few days of BS's to your Dr and he will be able to adjust your basal rates. Take Care~ Julie Very Happy
|

replied September 15th, 2007
Takes a Little Time
It usually takes a few weeks or even months to get things all worked out. It is oh so worth it in the end. I have had my pump for 5 years and would never go back to MDI's. Good luck and keep us posted.
|

replied October 12th, 2007
I Don't Have a Pump But I'm Curious....
Just how level are the sugars on an insulin pump? I've been doing MDI for 18 years for type 1. My HA1C tends to hover around 7.0, but I'm hoping the next one is better since I've been doing a tight control program with the Diabetes & Nutrition center. Alot of my fasting sugars are quite good, but I still get low 200s 2hrs after meal (morning, evening, but afternoons are better).
|

replied November 28th, 2007
I Love My Pump, But....
I just love the freedom of not giving myself a shot 5 times a day. But the weight gain was immediate. 11lbs. the first week. I have been on it about 3 months and I've gained 15lbs. It has stopped I think. I am told that I need to eat 45 to 60 grams of carbs per meal. I am sure that is why I gained weight. I usually try to stay away from that many carbs. Anyone else have a weight gain from their pump?
|

replied May 4th, 2008
I Love My Pump So Far
I just got my Medtronic Paradigm 722 about 3 weeks ago and I love it,I have actually lost weight since getting it,In 3 wks. I've lost 13 lbs. Dr. says it's because I'm no longer feeding the insulin to keep my BS up to certain levels.My BS are usually about 150 two hrs. after eating, which is pretty good better than before the pump, before it would be between 350-400 then my Lantus insulin would kick in and it would drop to around 30 within the next two hours!! Not very good control my A1c was between 6.8 and 7.6. I'm anxious to see what it is now with pump.
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2019
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It will take some to get adjust with it.
Continue regular monitoring of blood sugar and check pump for technical faults as well.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.