User Profile
So, I have a new massage therapist who is actually more like a physical therapist, she is trained in trigger point massage. The TMJ dentist brought her in just for her to work on me. She has found soooo many knots in my neck, head and shoulders, she couldn't believe how bad it is. I am starting to think that all of this pain, all of it, is caused by muscles in response to the bad bite and my tendency to get tense. I think it is all muscle problems. I don't think I have arthritis at all. So, my plan is to continue with the bite therapy and the trigger point. I am so surprised that muscles can cause this much pain, but I shouldn't be, since over the years I have had muscle spasms bad enough to send me to the ER. I just wanted to tell you all, since you might relate.

Last edited by metalcrystal on June 14th, 2007 08:00 AM; edited 2 times in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 25th, 2007
Supporter
I'm so glad that you found a good massage therapist. Aren't they wonderful? It also sounds like you have a great dentist there. Good for you! Muscles frequently are the problems, so yes, I can relate. It sounds like you are on a good path. I hope and pray that you will continue to improve and be completely pain free one day soon!!

God bless...
Carol
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2007
Experienced User
Thanks Carol, the dentist has turnd out to be so great, and his wife, who is the office manager, has spent so much time with me, she actually has a similar condition with her bite. As you know Im sure, it gets pretty discouraging and depressing being in pain so often. I feel like I am on the right track, but it is a long haul! Right now I am between orthotics, he wants to try another one, so Im back on my pain meds for the next few days. They also did a sleep study, looking for apnea. I had to sleep with a little sensor thing on my arm. It turned out I have a mild case, so he is making me a night orthotic as well. He is pretty much determined to help me.
And it is very kind of you to listen to me. I apreciate it.
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hey
glad you found good docs that listen--that is a feat all on its own. Ive been through about 20 befor i got one that listened im still with him --going on 4 years. now. let us know how you get on.
|