Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Another Chick In the Pcos Boat :(

User Profile
Got my diagnosis today at the RE. She didnt even need to do bloodwork. I took in my opks (20 test strips taped together, ocd, I know) She took one look at them and said, oh no you have pcos. She said I never had a lh surge. The pcos is the reason I was having light and dark lines on every strip.

Anyways, heres the plan now. I can't take metformin due to my kidney transplant, but she said the south beach diet, and 30 minutes of exercise 5xs/week works the same. So , I have a diet to start tomorrow. I need to take 10 days of prometrium to start my period (day 44, no af) then on day 3 of af get a fasting test of all my hormone levels + glucose. Cd 7-12, a sonohysterogram to check tubes, ovaries and uterus. If I get a +opk then 8 days after I will get a midluteal progesterone level. If not, then I wont. I also have to do opks and temps from now on. Guess its time for a ff account.

On june 26th, after all bloodwork and levels are back, I will go back and discuss whats next. She said shes pretty sure it will be clomid. So, thats my story. I feel like a crazy mad scientist with all my papers and charts.

You know what the weird thing was? The whole time I was in the office listening to the doctor talk, I kept thinking "what if my baby grows up to be a serial killer?" Isnt that horrible to think. I think I am getting the baby jitters now that everything is rolling along. Or maybe Im just nuts.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 24th, 2007
Experienced User
UR NOT NUTS I THINK IS NATURAL TO HAVE THOSE NERVOUS LITTLE THOUGHTS. I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL AND SOON YOU CAN BE A MOMMY. BABY DUST!
|

User Profile
replied May 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Your doctor sounds like she is up on it too. I just got diagnosed yesterday with pcos and hyperthyroidism. You may want to have your thyroid checked too because most people that have pcos have a thyroid condition as well for some reason and thyroid problems not controlled greatly increase the risk of miscarriage.
|

replied May 25th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Don't worry. Your doctor seems pretty confident and wants to solve this problem and get you pregnant! It will be all worth it when you get your little baby.
|

replied May 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well, I'm glad that you got to go to the re and that he has a plan for you. It isn't the best news to get, but it isn't the worst. At least you have some answers. It sounds like he has a good plan of action for you. See now you are just that much closer to getting your wish.

Best of luck down that road. Before you know it you will be posting about your bfp.
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....