Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

Breast, Lipo, And Stretch Marks...what Do I Do ?

User Profile
I am 24 years old and have two children. I breast feed both and my breast show it well. I am so self concious about my breast they were barley a 34 B now a full 38 C spilling into a D cup. They are very saggy now. I just dont feel my age when I look int he mirror. My 55 year old mother and I have the same boobs! I hate showing them to my husband when we have sex. They just don't look pretty to me.
Now, I need to lose weight. I have a 7 month old son and he and I packed on the pounds!! I have lost 60lbs since I had him and I STILL need to lose about 30lbs more. Do you think it is okay for me to get implants at 24 and if so should I wait till I hit my ideal weigth. I have also considered lipo as well.
Second question is, are there treatments for removing or lightening stretch marks?
Thanks for any help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well, whether or not it is ok at your age is an opinion. Personally, I don't think it would be right. I think far too many people get breast implants when that really isn't the root of the problem. It's like treating a symptom instead of treating the cause. I would suggest working on the inside rather than the outside. Maybe therapy, yoga, meditation, or taking a college course. Those are all things that you can make you feel good about who you are, not what's on your chest. If you care that much about your looks, maybe you could use a self-esteem boost first because none of that stuff should matter.

When you think about all of the things that are important in life, the perkiness of you breasts should probably rank right down at the bottom of the list. There are so many things that are more important, especially if you have children. There are also much better ways that that money could be spent. Feeling good about yourself and gaining knowledge are things you can keep with you forever. They're also things your child can be proud of, and things you can be proud to teach your child.
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2007
Very Happy With Self
Thank you for the remarks. But, I gave the same speach to my sister who has no kids. Yes, focusing on your selfworth is a great idea and taking college courses, are all fine. Actually in my spare time when I'm not with my kids, husband or at work for the government, I give blood, donate to the needy, have a peer group I study with on my lunch brakes, coach youth sports, take classes,and own a non-profit organiztion. I love myself and am very happy with who I am as a person. I contribute to this world and do my part to make sure my kids can grow up in a loving and understanding world. So, if you think it's a selfseteem issue, you might be traveling down the wrong path. I feel that my internal is whole and complete and I love my body< I'm not content with it because it needs work, for me and only me>
I intended to get some answers about a decision I have already made.
So while I appreciate your efforts in telling my plastic surgery is a mask for a real problem. No, I love myself, I am a beautiful woman and a great mother and wife. I just want my body back that I had!
|