Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Phillipines Abortion Queries

Why do we seem to be getting so many people from the Phillipines asking about abortions? What I mean is, why are they coming .H.E.R.E to ask? Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Phillipines Abortion Queries
PurestGreen wrote:
Why do we seem to be getting so many people from the Phillipines asking about abortions? What I mean is, why are they coming .H.E.R.E to ask? Confused

I don't know....perhaps they feel that Americans know more about the subject.
|

replied May 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
They need a place to go where abortion is actually legal, so that their questions can be answered.

BC is available there, but because of the lack of education and discussion about sex, many just do not think to use it.

Cytotec is used by many women around the world, it induces contractions which cause a miscarriage, but it is not safe.
|

replied May 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
But .Cari, you must feel ever so burdened to keep on having to say the same things over and over again.

In the pro-choice forum, .Kypros made the suggestion that the info about cytotec should be made available on the medical abortion board as a sticky so people can access the information if they want it. I had my reservations about that but I'm wondering if it might actually be a good idea.

Or perhaps it would be better to have a link to that website you refer people to (sorry I forget the name offhand) so that you don't have to keep on answering the same questions over and over and also, if you're not around, the person is not left hanging without the answer that others are not qualified to give.
|

replied May 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
They need access to that website, because it sells BOTH the abortion pill and cytotec, which is the safest and best way to have a miscarriage.
|

replied May 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Ok I'll pm admin and ask if we can have the web address as a sticky.
|

replied May 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Oh yeah.. I forgot to say something Razz

I do not feel burdened by giving the info, but I do feel a sense of uncertainty.

I cannot be there with them to ensure that all pills are used correctly, or ensure that their bleeding is within normal limits.

Abortion should not be illegal in any country.
|

User Profile
replied May 26th, 2007
Carifairy wrote:
Oh yeah.. I forgot to say something Razz

I do not feel burdened by giving the info, but I do feel a sense of uncertainty.

I cannot be there with them to ensure that all pills are used correctly, or ensure that their bleeding is within normal limits.

Abortion should not be illegal in any country.

Hi...CF....it is good to see you again.
|

replied May 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hi Trina =)

Yes, it is good to see you too =)

My dad has basically withered away to a 'terri shiavo' like state, except that he can swallow food and take water.

He no longer knows who I am, or who any of us are.

Seeing that once strong, extremely intelligent man wither away to nothing, is very sad.

I have had a lot on my plate recently, so my online time has dwindled..
|

User Profile
replied May 26th, 2007
Carifairy wrote:
Hi Trina =)

Yes, it is good to see you too =)

My dad has basically withered away to a 'terri shiavo' like state, except that he can swallow food and take water.

He no longer knows who I am, or who any of us are.

Seeing that once strong, extremely intelligent man wither away to nothing, is very sad.

I have had a lot on my plate recently, so my online time has dwindled..

Cairy....I am so sorry to hear this. Watching this happen to anyone...let alone a parent is heart wrenching. I watched my mother die a very debilitating death from cancer....but at least she recognized me until the end. I can't even imagine the pain you are going through. You and your family will be in my thoughts.
|

replied May 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It's really hard for me..

Basically, I was molested by my uncle for a number of years, it happened when I was 5.(started)

Without going into long drawn out details, my parents took his side, because they said that the 'bond' of family is more important :/

It's especially hard because I have a lot of anger towards them even to this day, yet so much sadness.

Cancer is a horrible, painful death =( I am comforted by the fact that at least my father is not in pain ..
|

User Profile
replied May 26th, 2007
Carifairy wrote:
It's really hard for me..

Basically, I was molested by my uncle for a number of years, it happened when I was 5.(started)

Without going into long drawn out details, my parents took his side, because they said that the 'bond' of family is more important :/

It's especially hard because I have a lot of anger towards them even to this day, yet so much sadness.

Cancer is a horrible, painful death =( I am comforted by the fact that at least my father is not in pain ..

Cari...your heart is kind. I hope that someday you are able to get beyond the anger and sadness. Life is too short for either. Again...I will keep you in my thoughts.
|