User Profile
I hate digital tests. I mentioned this in another thread, but I kinda wanted to see if it effects anyone else the way it effects me.

I'm cool with getting a negative test. You look at it there one line, ok its negative. No big deal.

Man, I took a digital...and waited....and waited...then it popped up. Not pregnant It hit me like a ton of bricks. Damn near knocked the wind out of me. And I cried. I knew it would be negative, but it was so much harder to see 'not pregnant' then to see only one line. Am I over reacting? Or has anyone had a similar experience?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
Digital
you are right. The first time I took it, it hit me so hard and I was bauling. I promised myself not to ever use it unless I knew I was pregnant. When you do get preganant and you know for sure, then buy it and use it just to see Pregnant. Very Happy It makes you feel good. As if it's a pay back to all the digitals.... Very Happy
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
THat is definitely what I decided. Not until I know. That way I can take a picture to put in the baby book.

But man, those things should come with a warning lable...If not positive and hormonal, use care when administering.
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
That's really mean... Crying or Very sad .i bet it was a man who designed that dumb test.
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
ya i took one too when i was having some weird brown discharge...and it seriously took like 5 minutes (atleast it felt like that!) just to say NOT PREGNANT..at first i was thinking..holy sh** is this it? because ive never had a test take that long for results..but it was my first time with a digital test. i bought a box that came with three and only used one so if im suspicous this month ill use it again..lol hopefully it will just say...Maybe Next Month haha..or ofcourse pregnant.
|

replied May 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
i used it this last time for the first time...i used it and it kept having an hour glass blinking so i ran to the kitchen and by the time i got back it said pregnant i was no something is wrong with it so i shook it haha but yeah i dont like them they take to long..
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
I Actually hate them for a long time because I got a false postive on onea about the time I joined this site. But now I love em because they took the guess work out of the faint lines. But yes the Not Pregnant thing is harsh. I kind wish it was a happy face or a sad face even that would be better.
|

replied May 23rd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I like the happy face idea. Except that it probably wouldn't be marketable to someone with an unplanned pregnancy. They might prefer to see a happy face on a bfn!
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
The first test that I bought when I thought I was preg. was a Digital one. I did everything as it said and the damn thing didn't work!!! I got an error on my digital read out. So.. I just set it aside not knowing that if I had pulled the little stick you pee on .O.U.T of the digital reader it was showing two lines on the stick!!!! Grrrrrrrr.. I did not notice this until I purchased a box of 2 tests the next day and took both. I got possitives on all of those. I could have saved myself a night of anguish, and $20 bucks the next day!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, my little one will be here in 7 weeks and thats all that really matters.

I do agree tho.. the digital tests suck!!!Tho, I think that I will buy one tomorrow just to get the picture of the Pregnant to put in the baby book. Good Idea MC.

Mary
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....