ive been experience sudden jabs of pain in my heart over the past little while. its almost like someone is grabbing ahold of my heart and squeezing very tighly, or like a sharp piercing pain. they only last 3-8 seconds on average but its impossible to take a normal to deep breath during, and its not just uncomfortable. i used to take alot of drugs, ecstasy and cocaine ( although the latter very rarely ,while the former being a almost everyday) i drink maybe a cup of coffee every other day, stress has been minimal since experiencing these pains. ive quit drugs now for a few months and still experience these pains. should i be concerned about anything serious or could this just the muscle right under the heart and not acutally the heart, i have heard that muscle can be under alot of pressure and its normal.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2007
The pain you are experiencing is called Acute Angina. I have similar symptoms but when I saw my doctor, he told me it was due to high blood pressure.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....