Medical Questions > Womens Health > Fertility Forum

When to Do a Pregnancy Test With Irregular Cycles ?

I am new and unfortunately have very irregular cycle. Last few days I have been hungry yet when I eat I eat very little due to feeling nausea/some gas pressure(needing to burp). I am now getting all over cramping however no AF yet plus I have been feeling hot alot. Is that a pregnancy symptom? Plus since I am irregular I have no clue when I should test. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I always tell people not to even pay attention to symptoms when they are trying to find out if they are pregnant. People often read way too much into them. Pregnancy symptoms are really vague and are the same as symptoms for lots of other things. Also, not everyone has early pregnancy symptoms.

Now, as for when you should test if you are irregular, that's tough. If you are irregular, there is no rule of thumb for when you should test. You'll basically have to wait until you think it might have been long enough, and then test. It's vague, I know, but like I said, there is no scientific way to know when to test if your cycle is irregular. You can test every week for the next couple of weeks if you want. Until then, play it safe. Assume you might be pregnant and don't do anything that you wouldn't do if you knew you were pregnant (smoking, drinking, etc.).
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....