Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Breastfeeding And Pregnancy

has anyone breastfeed a young infant while pregnant? if so any complications.. did you have to supplement? when did it turn to colostrum?? just wndering and looking for info! i havent found much on the internet! Thanks! i would appreciate any advice..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I've breastfed my daughter for over 9 months now, but .i'm not pregnant. I wish I had some advice on it.

Are you pregnant? Shocked
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Shocked I hope you are. Someone needs to be.
|

replied May 21st, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
There's some info on this at la leche league's website. I can post it here but it might get removed before you can check it out.

http://www.llli.org/FAQ/bfpregnant.html
|

replied May 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Shocked Shocked Shocked meggan!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
|

replied May 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I went to a La Leche League meeting in my area and there was a woman who was nursing a 3 year old and a baby. Both got plenty of milk and appeared to be very healthy. Another woman was pregnant and nursing her 2 year old.

Personally I would want to know about the colostrom the newborn wouldn't be getting. I didn't ask any questions though
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Are you pregnant Meggan?! We want details!!!
|

replied May 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
Honestly im not sure yet.. Hubby had a slip on mothers day and well i had left over ovulation tests.. so i decided for fun to test and yupper that following wed it said was the day to do it.. so now i was so ooososososoososso nervous that maybe dons slip made something happen. i was just nervous that i wouldnt be able to feed my son if i got pregnant! thats why i asked.. but just a few hours ago i had some slight bleeding! its really light compared to my normal period! but im cramping.. im guessing its my period! so im excited there!!! thanks anyhow girls sorry to make nervous!lol
|

replied May 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
few.. ok guys got my period this morning... holy god its painful.... but im very excited to know its here..lol
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2007
Supporter
meggan wrote:
few.. ok guys got my period this morning... holy god its painful.... but im very excited to know its here..lol

the joys of af Rolling Eyes

i skipped mine this month.
|

replied May 24th, 2007
Experienced User
I know this doesn't apply to you anymore since af reared her ugly head, but I thought I would let you know my experience. My son was 2 when I got pregnant with my now 6 month old, and he nursed at night and when he took his naps during the day. I was able to breast feed until I was 5-6 months pregnant, but I had to stop because my milk was drying up and it just became too painful to nurse anymore, and on top of that I was pretty much ready to stop anyways.

Obviously my situation doesn't apply to everyone, but I wanted to at least share my experience.

Glad to hear AF arrived, assuming thats what you wanted.

Christina
|
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....