Does anyone have any ideas how to get wind out of baby. I have tried inforcol but he just spits it out and water.

He is 2 months old.

Any ideas welcome
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Breastfeeding & Wind
sadness wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas how to get wind out of baby. I have tried inforcol but he just spits it out and water.

He is 2 months old.

Any ideas welcome

Your diet probably has something to do with your baby's gas. What could you be eating that may induce gas? Beans, broccoli, etc?

Tummy rubs and burping along with gripe water, etc. Those are the best that can be done.
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I cannot help you.

However i just wanted to say never give a baby that young water. It can cause water intoxication and can be fatal.
|

replied May 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
its all in your diet and how he drinks .....avoid gassy foods ..whatever u eat will be directly passed to the baby.
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Try to stop nursing halfway through and burp your baby. Burp again when your baby is finished at the breast. That should help quite a bit.
|

replied May 21st, 2007
Experienced User
if all else false try mylocon. Its so very gentle and actually can be used at every feeding! My doc recommended that i use it either before every feeding or after everyfeeding! I had a very gassy baby at first and thought it was my diet! Unfortunately i had heard medically your diet shouldnt make a baby gassy! Anyhow i didnt believe it so i changed it too! TRY both changing your diet and maybe adding the mylocon too! good luck!
|

replied May 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
jenniek wrote:
I cannot help you.

However i just wanted to say never give a baby that young water. It can cause water intoxication and can be fatal.

OK, so I'm not trying to start a huge debate, nor do .I want a science lesson or someone to tell me .I'm not a fit parent. I called my peditrician to ask about this. He said, "when a baby has a belly ache, water isn't the first thing he recommends to try to relieve him, but an ounce or two of water (once a day or less) is not going to hurt a baby". He said "the fear is that a baby will fill up on water and not get enough calories nutrients that breastmilk or formula provides". I trust him.

Take a good look at your diet, it could be something you are eating. Tomato sauces seem to upset my little one's tummy. I also agree with .Laura burping may make all the difference in the world.
|

replied May 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
when christian was just born at the hospital he had severe gas after feeding him and the nurses gave him some water in a little tiny cup to relieve him...
|
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....