I've been on birth control for three months but still always insist on my boyfriend using a condom. However, an incident occured in which my boyfriend did not have a condom on and ejaculated near me. Is there a chance of me being pregnant? And if so should I consider the morning after pill?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Every time you have sex, there is some chance that you will get pregnant. No method of birth control is 100% effective.

You said he ejaculated "near you"? You can't get pregnant just from sperm being close to you. It actually has to get into your vagina some way. That means if he ejaculates on your thigh, and it drips to your vagina, pregnancy is possible. If we're talking about your arm or the sheets next to you, it's not possible.

I would not bother with the morning after pill if you have been taking your birth control like you are supposed to. That's what it's for, after all, preventing pregnancy. As long as you have been taking it every day and at the same time every day, it's about 99% effective even without a condom and when your boyfriend ejaculates inside of you. So assuming you take it as directed, it's pretty effective all by itself.
|

replied May 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
.as .llewellyn said as long as you have been taking your pill correctly then you should be fine.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...