My husband and I have been trying now for about 6 months to get pregnant. Notice I said trying. Month after month I patiently wait and sure enough my period comes. There was even a time when I thought I might be pregnant...sore nipples, frequent urination, nausea with no vomitting, fatigue, etc etc. I ran down to the drug store to get a pregnancy test and rushed home to take it. My husband and I stood over it waiting but a positive sign never showed. We thought maybe we had tested early, after all my period wasn't due for another two weeks. We decided to wait although we were sure we were pregnant. Then my period started. Crying or Very sad What do I do? Any advice from anyone would be very helpful. I just want to get pregnant so bad and it seems like the more I want it the harder it is. What should I do beside just having unprotected sex?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I've moved this to the .getting .pregnant forum. This forum is designed for women who are trying to conceive (ttc), and they can offer lots of advice and support. I hope you stick around! Good luck, hon. Wink
|

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2007
Experienced User
Hi Danni
For an average woman it takes around 12 months of trying. Don't get discouraged. TTC can be a stressful time in a woman's life. you are not alone.
Do you chart your cycles? Do you know when you ovulate?
It may be a good idea to get an ovulation kit and start temping. good luck. baby dust your way...
|

replied May 19th, 2007
Re: Hi Danni
negar wrote:
For an average woman it takes around 12 months of trying. Don't get discouraged. TTC can be a stressful time in a woman's life. you are not alone.
Do you chart your cycles? Do you know when you ovulate?
It may be a good idea to get an ovulation kit and start temping. good luck. baby dust your way...

Thank you for the words of wisdom and the baby dust. I just kinda wish I wish pregnant by now. I have a calendar on my computer that I have been charting my cycles with and timing roughly when I ovulate. I have an idea of when I ovulate but of course can't pin point the exact day...I wish it were that easy. Thanks again for the advice and I will look into the ovulation kit.
|

replied May 20th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
When you chart are you taking your BBT? That can help you pinpoint your o date, at least after you o.
|

replied May 20th, 2007
my husband and I have been trying for 7+ months now with no success... yet... I have been charting my cycle... making notes of regular symptoms of ovulation... and I have recenctly invested in a saliva fertility monitor called Maybe Baby... it helped me pinpoint my ovulation date... which for me is not the "normal" 14 days after the first day of your af... I actually ovulate on day 12 of my cycle... I guess you just have to find something that works for you... are you taking any folic acid on a regular basis?
|

replied May 20th, 2007
shortgeek wrote:
When you chart are you taking your BBT? That can help you pinpoint your o date, at least after you o.

No, I have not been taking a BBT. How much of a change am I looking for? A significant change or barely noticable?
|

replied May 20th, 2007
lizzie26 wrote:
my husband and I have been trying for 7+ months now with no success... yet... I have been charting my cycle... making notes of regular symptoms of ovulation... and I have recenctly invested in a saliva fertility monitor called Maybe Baby... it helped me pinpoint my ovulation date... which for me is not the "normal" 14 days after the first day of your af... I actually ovulate on day 12 of my cycle... I guess you just have to find something that works for you... are you taking any folic acid on a regular basis?

I heard that the ovulation predicators can be on the expensive side. How expensive are we talking about? Exactly what symptoms are we looking for that will tell us we are ovulating? I am not taking Folic Acid but will definitley start. TY for your help.
|

replied May 20th, 2007
my Maybe Baby was approx $70 CDN... I bought it from a health food store... it is reusable... and the only thing that needs replacing is the battery for the light (a watch battery) it's the size of a lipstick case... you place a dab of your saliva on the microscope... and when it dries... (10 minutes) your results are ready... it can tell you up to 4 days before you ovulate... check out the website.. I recommend it... as for the symptoms of ovulation... they differ...some get sore boobs... some get cramping... some see change in cervical mucus... and change in their cervical postion.... you'll start to recognize your own...
|

replied May 20th, 2007
lizzie26 wrote:
my Maybe Baby was approx $70 CDN... I bought it from a health food store... it is reusable... and the only thing that needs replacing is the battery for the light (a watch battery) it's the size of a lipstick case... you place a dab of your saliva on the microscope... and when it dries... (10 minutes) your results are ready... it can tell you up to 4 days before you ovulate... check out the website.. I recommend it... as for the symptoms of ovulation... they differ...some get sore boobs... some get cramping... some see change in cervical mucus... and change in their cervical postion.... you'll start to recognize your own...

Thank you so much for your help. I really am starting to love this site. I have been doing everything on my own and it has been so hard. The doctors are no help, if you have been trying for less than a year they tell you to just keep trying. Just keep trying, geez thanks for the help!!! All my friends and family that have children didn't seem to have this problem so their not much help either. I really am glad that I found this site and that people are so helpful on this site. Thank you for the help.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....