Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Cymbalta (new And I Love It!)

User Profile
Hey you guys! i'm Nichole and I'm 18 years old. I was diagnosed with (extreme) Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia at the age of 13. I've been doing alot of trial and error with medications that just weren't working for me. Recently, I've been trying Cymbalta- a new antidepressant. For me to only be on ONE medicine is unreal and amazing. But, this pill did exactly what it promised. I feel better, not only mentally, but physically as well!!! I've always remembered since I was a wee one feeling the panicing, paranoia, suicidal thoughts, yearning for pain, hiding from people, eating disorders, chemical dependencies and overall feeling like I always have a heavy veil of sorrow on my back. But for the first time I literally breathe easier. javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy

I have experienced some weird side effects, but nothing that would stop me from taking it. This like increased sweating, loss of appetite, mild tremors, and constipation.

If you can, and you need a new anti-depressants., ask your doctor about cymbalta.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Cymbalta (new And I Love It!)
Hi, I read your post and was wondering how you are doing with the Cymbalta? I just started it today. I have the same feelings, I love the way you said the veil of sorrow that is always with you. I am older than you by al ot, but I know that feeling, I have always said I was just a very Dark, goth person, extreme Scorpio. Aparently Im kind of depressed, and anxious.
|

replied September 21st, 2010
Thats very good news. Ive had clinical depression for 6 years, And my psychiatrist who I just started seeing has prescribed me this medicine hope it works well for me. I tryed lexapro made me worse.. More depressed... Irritated. How long it take you to find the right medicine?
|

replied May 29th, 2012
I started taking Cymbalta in 2006 and loved it so much. Unfortunately, in December of this past year my colon shut down completely. Like zero movement for a month. No poop. At all. Lost 40 lbs because I couldn't keep food down, but looked 4 months pregnant. That put me in the hospital the week after Christmas because my colon was near rupture. The doctors took me off Cymbalta as quickly as was safe in hopes of a fully functioning colon once it was out of my system. Well, now, I have changed meds to one with zero gastro effects (Viibryd and I love it more than I ever did Cymbalta), and the exact opposite problem is happening. I had a colonoscopy last week and saw my GI doctor here in Austin and he diagnosed me with gastrointestinal dysmotility. It basically means that your colon either over or under achieves because it doesn't know what to do. I never had stomach issues before now which makes it very possible that this is a result of the permanent damage Cymbalta caused. If this sounds familiar at all or if your situation is anything like mine, please let me know. Thanks and I hope all is well!
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...