Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

How Long Will Period Be Delayed??? (Page 1)

I was just wondering how long does anyone think that af will stay away this month. I usually have a 26 day cycle and have for the past 3 cycles. Well, I think that because I was under so much stress a while back that it delayed my ovulation. I usually ovulate around day 12-14 and I didn't ovulate until cd 19. So I am now wondering when is she going to show her face???

I am supposed to start today and so far she is a no show. My temp is still up and it doesn't look like it's on its way down, it looks like if might go up again.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/19ab84

The day that ff told me that I ovulated ( I didn't use opk this month - I ran out Sad ) I had some pretty bad cramps and I got scared because they were on the right side and I thought it might be my appendix. Well then they went away. Then this past Wednesday they came back on the same side. Yesterday I just felt bloated and crampy all over and I was sure that she would show. Now today I keep getting cramps off and on and I have a boat load of cm.

So what do you think???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I would say that because you o'ed 5ish days late that your af should be 5ish days late. So about cd31.

What you are describing sounds interesting. Did you happen to get a defective condom in there somewere?
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2007
Experienced User
Luteal Phase
Hi
You are only 8dpo, so it depends how long your luteal phase usually is. I would say at minimum 10-12 days. I'm not sure if you charted last month or not?
So nasty old AF could show up in the next 4 days.
|

replied May 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
mc4ever02 wrote:

What you are describing sounds interesting. Did you happen to get a defective condom in there somewere?

There is quite a possibility that something broke along the way, but dh never said anything to me about it so as far as I know I don't think that's the case. I am pretty sure that she is on her way though, I keep feeling like she's here and then the next minute it goes away. Uggg I don't know!!!

DPrssd wrote:

You are only 8dpo, so it depends how long your luteal phase usually is. I would say at minimum 10-12 days. I'm not sure if you charted last month or not?
So nasty old AF could show up in the next 4 days.

Well I really don't know how long my luteal phase is. Last month it was only 12 days which was the first month I charted, but when I was just using the opk, it was generally around 12-14 days for the luteal phase.

I just will wait to see if it comes in the next couple days and then if nothing happens, I will ask dh if there was a "mishap" Embarassed
|

replied May 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
BTW - MC(Your name is Christy right????) I know you really just want me to take a test!!! Laughing Laughing

so....

I took one this morning and I didn't see anything right away. Well I had to take dh to work and when I came back I saw a light shadow of a line... He only works about a mile away from our house. It was probably an evap line, so I don't think I am.
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
*star* wrote:
BTW - MC(Your name is Christy right????) I know you really just want me to take a test!!! Laughing Laughing

so....

I took one this morning and I didn't see anything right away. Well I had to take dh to work and when I came back I saw a light shadow of a line... He only works about a mile away from our house. It was probably an evap line, so I don't think I am.

Yup, that my name. Wink

You caught me....I really was going to suggest testing in the next few days if you don't get af. Mainly because your temp is still elevated. (though I can't see your chart right now.)Was it a blue dye test or red?
|

replied May 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
mc4ever02 wrote:

You caught me....I really was going to suggest testing in the next few days if you don't get af. Mainly because your temp is still elevated. (though I can't see your chart right now.)Was it a blue dye test or red?

I thought that was your name...mines Heather
I think it was red - it was one of the ones that come with the opk from the internet. What is it about the color of the dye that would make a difference?
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hi, Heather (I don't think I ever knew your name.)

Blue dye tests tend to have evap lines more (because when it evaps it can leave a grey tint looking like a line). While red dyes still can have evap lines I think they are mistaken less for faint positives as they tend to evap a different color than the control. But this isn't always true.
|

replied May 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
So that means that more than likely if what I saw was an evap line that it would have been a different color? It seemed to be the same color, just lighter. Oh well, I am going to wait to see if she comes by next Tuesday and I will test again.
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I don't want to get your hopes up. But from what I've read, basically. The evap lines are normally a greyish tone. Sometimes they can be pink, but that is normally when it is a +- type test.
|

replied May 18th, 2007
I'm assuming you're trying to get pregnant as you're charting and have a fertility friend...but you're email also suggsts you're waiting for AF to come and nervous cuz it hasn't.

Women with normal cycles always get there period 14 dpo, right? so you should get it on day 33 of your cycle...I'd imagine.

If you're trying to get pregnant good luck! If you're not good luck!

Wife and I are 12 weeks preggo. We started doing the charting in December and got preggo in March...it was so neat how the chart was useful.

Good luck with or w/out AF!

Jack
|

replied May 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Rockin813 wrote:
I'm assuming you're trying to get pregnant as you're charting and have a fertility friend...but you're email also suggsts you're waiting for AF to come and nervous cuz it hasn't.

Women with normal cycles always get there period 14 dpo, right? so you should get it on day 33 of your cycle...I'd imagine.

If you're trying to get pregnant good luck! If you're not good luck!

Wife and I are 12 weeks preggo. We started doing the charting in December and got preggo in March...it was so neat how the chart was useful.

Good luck with or w/out AF!

Jack

Congratulations! I think the chart is extreemly helpful and fun to do at the same time.

Yes I am trying to get pregnant, but at the moment I am being treated for mild dysplacia and was told I need to "protect" myself for 3 months due to the type of treatment. So I am trying, just not actively right now.

Some women get their af 14 dpo but that is not the case for everyone. Mine varies from 12-14 days. I usualy ovulate around days 12-14 of my cycle. I have had a semi regular cycle of 26 days for a while now - give or take a day.

I am definitely .N.O.T getting any kind of hopes up at all... I would be happy obvoiusly, but as far as I can see it, there is no chance that I am.
|

replied May 18th, 2007
have u been trying for a while? would this be your first? did you have sex on day 19 (when u supposedly ovulated based on your tracking).

its our first. we're both extremely excited!
|

replied May 18th, 2007
Experienced User
I used the internet cheapies for many tests and never got so much as a shadow of an evap line. Always stark white. Even the next day. You may want to test again.
|

replied May 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Oh man you guys are starting to make me nervous. I still haven't started yet, and the cramps that I had friday have gone away. I feel fine today and it doesn't seem like she is on her way to visit. I still have a few days to go though. I didn't o until cd19 so I think I need to give it a little more time until I get my hopes up.

You guys are the best!!!
|

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2007
Experienced User
Wow Star
I am thinking the same thing. when are you gonna test? sorry I just can't help myself...
|

replied May 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Wow Star
negar wrote:
I am thinking the same thing. when are you gonna test? sorry I just can't help myself...

I don't know, I think I am going to wait until Tuesday to test again since I didn't "o" until cd19. Tuesday will make it 12dpo so that was the luteal phase last month so I think it should be ok then. I still don't feel like af is coming. Usually I have very tender bbs and they are not tender at all. They don't seem fuller like they usually do either. I have been having more that usual gas at night. And last night I woke up in a dead sweat and felt really sick to my stomach. My temp is still up so that's good.

So I guess I will test again tomorrow!!!
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Like I said before, I don't want to get your hopes up but.....I'm very anxious for you to test tomorrow.

Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2007
Experienced User
Hey Star!
So there's a possibility you may be pg? Wow! Woudn't that just be the kicker, just when you are not trying - it happens! That seems to be the recipe for a lot of people.
Have you talked to your Dr about the implications of pgy during your recovery stage? I hope it's all good.
Can't wait to hear your news.
Smile
|

replied May 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
DPrssd wrote:
Hey Star!
So there's a possibility you may be pg? Wow! Woudn't that just be the kicker, just when you are not trying - it happens! That seems to be the recipe for a lot of people.
Have you talked to your Dr about the implications of pgy during your recovery stage? I hope it's all good.
Can't wait to hear your news.
Smile

That would be crazy if I actually was preggo. I don't really think I am though. I keep saying "there's no way" We used condoms the whole time. I don't know of any mishaps, so I am just guessing that af is late because I o'ed late.
I haven't talked to the dr about the possibility of being pregnant in the recovery stage. I have a pap at the end of july and if thats good, then we can start trying again.

What about you???? Did you test over the weekend? How are you feeling??? Hope you are doing well.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....