This is how my stomach 'inflates' after a meal and doesn't go away for hours or until i wake up in the AM...and then starts all over after 1st meal (small and healthy still flares up).

This isn't just fat...it's distension i guess?

Constipated often even while taking pyssilium husk powder drinks. Blood in stool ...bright read so either hemroids, anal fissure, or bloody lower tract? No energy. Very irratable as bloating is uncomfortable. No stomach pains.

Have appt with GI next month..what should I be looking for in getting a good workup?

http://us.f351.mail.yahoo.com/y5/s/search? show=photos

thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi, welcome here.
As far as I could understand, you complain of bloated stomach and constipation, right?
Are you taking any kind of medication? If you are, it can be some kind of side effect. But it's more likely to have something to do with your eating.
You should not have drinks like coke or soda. First, because they have gas, and second because they cause constipation. Have fibers at breakfast and whole cereal things (pasta, rice, bread), fruit, drink a lot of water and natural juices. Avoid beans and such things, because they can cause bloated tummy.

Was this helpful? Let me know! Smile
|

replied May 20th, 2007
thanks for reply. i don't drink much soda...and have gone long periods without drinking it with no success. i take a fiber shake 2x a day which is 20 grams alone..along with fruit that i eat.

beans are a great source of fiber though i don't eat them due to the gas they cause.

i think this goes beyond my diet as bloating occurs even on the smaller healthy meals.

thanks
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Well, if there's any improvement, it's worth it Smile
I'll see if I remember anything else..
Oh! Have soy milk instead of animal milk. (:
|

User Profile
replied February 20th, 2009
I have the SAME!
i have the same issue, and in fact i have a GI appoiment coming up this week. Soy milk helps at random times to me, if i have alot than it caues the bloating but u can have it from time to time. also, you can try miralax, i take that for my constipation, and i noticed that it helps plus it lessens the bloating at times. you have a great diet going, i eat way too much so its hard for me and i have much more of a belly then you, which im working on. but yea you can try that, and exercise + water helps too!!
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2009
you may have candida!
It's extremely common for people to have an overgrowth and not know it.
Do the candida test to find out.

Bloating after meals can be a sign of candida overgrowth.

Get on a high-greens low sugar/glycemic primarily raw and living foods diet, take syclovir to help with die off, supplement with probiotics and get the symptoms under control.

Good Luck!
Chef Dina
|

replied March 22nd, 2009
I had a similar problem and could not have BM for 5-7 days. I tried massive amounts of fiber, diet changes, stool softeners and laxatives. Laxatives worked but violant and painful. Went to the GI and had test done. I guess I just have cronic consipation. The GI could not believe the amounts of certian things I was taking (mainly fiber which seemed to make it worse) without results.

He perscribe a medication with no results and then told me to try Miralax which did the trick. If I am constipated I take it everyday for 3-4 days but if not I only take it every few days to keep thing regular. It doesn't work immediately (takes 2-3 days) but has worked as a long term solution. It has been my miracle product.
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2009
i tried colon cleansing and it worked for me. i used colonix, which worked like a charm but i tried evercleanse and acai berry x but ended up getting scammed
|

replied December 12th, 2010
Have them check your gallbladder!!!!! Cronic constipation is one of the signs it may not be functioning. Having mine out in 2 weeks
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....