hi there i am 16 and in the past i have had some mild concuissions already and had a few cat scans taken...
but today i bumped my head on the ground and it like shocked my whole head (quite hard)and and then since then i started to have headaches at random spots and felt A LITTLE (stare off into space but i am FULLY concious) unfocus

is this normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Any time that you sustain an injury to the head (especialy with previous injuries) it should be brought to your doctors attention. You may have another concusion. You should have your parents take you to the doctor or er today.

Let us know how everything goes.
|

replied May 18th, 2007
no i am postive it does not require er

i have already had 2 cat scans in the past

the first time was when i was 12 years old... all of a sudden while playing i felt tension pain in my head skulp... never had that before and it was constant (still have it now) and then i related it to an soccer incident in which i feel backwards and hit the back of my head on the ground(pretty hard dirt)
so then i had everything checked....my mom took about 5 days off work and rushed from here to there and then she got really stressed her self... then....when i was about 14.... i punch fist punched in the haed really hard a couple times(stupid teens) and then i felt sleepy and other symptoms of concusion... i knewi i had at least a mild concussion that time... but i was really scared because i have never hurt my nead so hard that i felt symptoms before so then i went to the er and then i made it sound quite sever... because i really wanted a scan becuase i am very cautious about my health(like a girl)... anyways it turned out to be nothing and then just left it at that...
an then since then iv hit my head (bump it pretty hard into another person head, bump my head under desks and what notl... and then since then... even after hitting my head like those little ubmps i usually get headaches and what not..

but more major hits i get concusion symptoms easily...

i waS also wondering what can casuse very minor concussions? like bumping heads? bumping a desk? or hit your head on the ground? and what about a basket ball hitting your head?? because i know i got a concusion yersterday... and i hoping that a basketball wouldnt be able to cause a second impact syndormw would it?
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....