Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Chronic Sinus Infection--sinus Irrigation?

I have been on several antibiotics for chronic sinus infections, causing facial pain and headaches, plus using saline spray and Flonase (which doesn't seem to help one bit). I also take allergy pills and a decongestant, hoping that will help. I don't think they do.

I have heard that nasal irrigation can help, and someone told me about a "neti pot." I don't know how one does this or where to get a "neti pot." Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 22nd, 2007
Answers to
Try eliminating all dairy from your diet. Many times this is the answer.

Good luck!
|

replied July 14th, 2007
Chronic Sinus Infections As Well As Allergies
hello there, I have moved to the desert area about 9 months ago and since april I have had nothing but allergy and sinus infections which is something I never exprienced before. I have taking several antibiotics and flonase as well and they had me taking claritin daily, now benydril which is hard because I have children. It seems as if everytime they look into my ears they say those are the cleanest ears they have ever seen, but yet I have a constant popping and now pain. Next step is allergy shots once a week who wants that but it seems as if it is something more. I feel like I have bugs in there constantly hopping around it is the most irritating feeling and I fell as if this controlling everything I do.
|
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....