Hi Everyone

Sorry if this is a common question, but I searched the forums and couldn't really find anything to do with this.

Anyway, when I'm overly tired, I often get nosebleeds (and only out of one nostril, but that's because I semi-broke my nose as a kid). Does anyone know why this would happen or if it's common? Is there anything I can do to prevent it (other than not getting overly tired, of course :-p)?

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Nosebleeds When Tired?
GuyFlash wrote:
Hi Everyone

Sorry if this is a common question, but I searched the forums and couldn't really find anything to do with this.

Anyway, when I'm overly tired, I often get nosebleeds (and only out of one nostril, but that's because I semi-broke my nose as a kid). Does anyone know why this would happen or if it's common? Is there anything I can do to prevent it (other than not getting overly tired, of course :-p)?

Thanks!

You can go have the insides of your nostrils cauterized; I've known a few people with the problem of frequent nosebleeds who had this done.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 23rd, 2008
nose bleeds when tired.
I have the same problem myself since I had operation on my nose Dec 07.
When I'm over tired or if I wake in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep my nose starts bleeding from my left nostril and that is the side I had operation on.
Why does this happen
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....