User Profile
...is definitely different. It doesn't really sound much like .linkin .park. I'm only on track 5 (out of 12) so I can't say whether I really like it or really don't. But it's, umm, different.

A couple of the tracks I do like. But it doesn't sound like the band .i'm so in love with. Neutral .shadow of the .day is really pretty - it reminds me a little of 80's .u2 songs, like "with or without you".

Ooh, and .aaron bought me .pan's .labyrinth! The 2 disc special edition! So .i'm going to watch it and hide my face when the bad parts happen! Laughing
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
so you got him to go out? yay!

maybe it's one of those cds that grows on you the more you listen to it. i hate when a band i love comes out with a disappointing cd (i'm talking to you, alkaline trio!).

i've asked nick to download pan's labyrinth like 5 times and the last time i mentioned it he said, "i haven't gotten it because it has subtitles and i know you don't like to read your movies". well why have i asked for it repeatedly?!?! it's true, i have to be in a certain mood to watch a subtitled movie but i've been dying to see this one.
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Yup! It's overcast and kind of drizzling, so we weren't out long. We went to .best .buy, got the cd and the dvd, looked around a bit, left, and came home. I'm so excited! The dvd has a ton of special features and .i'm a "special feature" freak, so .i'm hella happy.

Linkin .park definitely changed their sound. I really like their older stuff because it's so unique and has a distinct sound that I fell in love with. Their new cd just doesn't sound like them. I don't mind the cd (it's not crap), but if I didn't know it was .linkin .park I wouldn't have recognized them. I would recognize the vocals of course, but I would have assumed it was a side project of .chester's. It's fine as far as albums go, but as far as a .linkin .park cd, it's not my favorite of their albums. Neutral

*edit*

holy sh|t! The very last song reminds me of .pink .floyd! The track is called "the little things give you away" and I am literally sitting here in tears! It's amazing! Shocked Crying or Very sad this one song has made the album more than worth it!
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Hey .sarah! The track I was just talking about, "the little things give you away", was written after .l.p visited .new .orleans after .katrina. It's a really pretty, sad song. I don't know if it's your cup of tea, but it's beautiful. I'll type out the lyrics here:

Water grey
through the windows
up the stairs
chilling rain
like an ocean everywhere

don't want to reach for me, do you?
I mean nothing to you
the little things give you away
and now there will be no mistaking
the levees are breaking

all you've ever wanted
was someone to truly look up to you
and six feet underwater.... I do.

hope decays
generations disappear
washed away
as a nation simply stares

all you've ever wanted
was someone to truly look up to you
and six feet underwater... I do.
|

replied May 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Crying or Very sad

sounds beautiful!

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2007
Supporter
i might just pick that up.... thanks!
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2007
Supporter
sniff sniff i love that so far i havent even heard any of their new songs on the radio yet bummer. pans labyrinth what is it about and who is in it i havent heard of it.
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Pan's .labyrinth is a foreign film. You should google the trailer and take a look. It's really pretty! But, umm, there are some extremely gorey scenes in there. It's rated r for a reason! It's described as a fairy tale for grown-ups. Do not, I repeat, do not let your children see it! But it's definitely worth checking out! If you rent the dvd, you could probably change the language over to english if you don't want to read the subtitles. It's in spanish.
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2007
Supporter
oohhh ok thank you for the gory heads up
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Seriously, when my dh was playing it, he said "who's this" I just shrugged. After he told me it took me a song or two to believe it. But I really liked it by the time it was done with it and I was happy to have it!
|
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...