Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Urinary Tract Infection (uti) And Prostate Pain

I had a serious Urinary tract infection (UTI) 2 weeks ago and took prescribed antibiotics. The problem I now have is that I believe the infection is gone but when I start peeing I have a strong initial pain almost like a cramp in my prostate muscle(?) which disappears once the urine flows. It has been so for a few days. Will this ever go away, what is the cause, what is the cure?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2007
Experienced User
The prostate is a gland not a muscle. No pain from there. I would be willing to bet on one of two things. First I think that your Urethra is raw from the infection and the acidic urine causes the burning or cramping you feel upon start of the stream. Second your infection has not totally cured. Did you finish the antibiotics? If not you need to restart a new regimen not just continue what is left over.
|

replied February 21st, 2010
UTI NOT GOING AWAY AFTER PROSTATE SURGERY BEEN ON PILLS FOR 3 WEEKS. WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE. THE PERSON GOING THROUGH THIS IS A GOOD FRIEND, BUT WON'T GO BACK TO THE DR.
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2010
Community Volunteer
Tests need to be done...If prostrate surgery was performed this person must go back to find out what is happening...Keep us advised...Take care...

Caroline
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....