Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

This Is So Frustrating... Ready to Give Up

my husband and I have been married for 5 years and have not been using any contraceptive since we got hitched... we have been seriously ttc for the last 7 months.... we have both had our fertility tested... and we are both "normal". I am currently 12 dpo... and should be getting AF on the 18th yesterday I felt soooo sick.... vomiting ... dizziness... and my breasts are tingling as well... I did a hpt today... and got a bfn... I feel so stupid... for even thinking that there could have been a chance I was pregnant... this is so discouraging... and the worst part is I don't feel like anyone understands how I feel... I am ready to give up....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2007
Experienced User
noooo dont give up, your symptoms sound promising. 7mths isnt long to have been seriously trying, it takes a couple an average of 6 mths.
Are your breats normally tingly? its a good sign.
A small percentage of women dont show hcg in urine early on. I would go see your dr and get a blood test. and or test again in 4 days or so.
My husband and I are also ttc, its is such a frustrating process when you are so ready for kids.
Keep us posted.
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I know how frustrated you must be. Don't beat yourself up, we have all taken a hpt before we knew it would be accurate. Just because you never know!

I think that things sound good. You shouldn't give up hope, it's still to early! You might get your bfp in 2 days or a week. But dont give up until the fat lady sings!!

I have my fingers crossed for you! Have you been charting your temps the last 7 mos? Is that what you mean by 'seriously trying'?

~Baby dust~
|

replied May 14th, 2007
thanks for the replies ladies... I am feeling a little less frustrated thanks to your words of encouragement.... mc4ever02... I have been charting and taking a multi for about a year now... and for the last two months have been using a saliva test daily.... I also take evening primrose oil up until I ovulate... I ovulate around day 12.... and my cycles are between 28 - 30 days... I am very open to suggestions and tips.... thanks again for the help...
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It sounds as though you have been doing everything great! It's just a matter of time. I really hope this is your month!

How do you like the saliva test? I have seen it but never known anyone who used it.
|

replied May 14th, 2007
I like it... it is easy to use.. it is reusable... and very compact (the size of a lipstick case)... I have the Maybe Baby (they have a website)... it cost about $70 CDN.... and the only thing that needs any replacing over time is the battery.. which is just a watch battery.... you can use it at anytime... as long as it it before eating/brushing/etc... or two hours after... and it is very easy to chart the results.... I recommend it...
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks for the info! I will definitely look into it.
|

replied May 15th, 2007
Experienced User
I got a stark white negative at 12 DPO and then got a positive on 13 DPO. Your not out until AF shows!
|

replied May 15th, 2007
Don't let the frustrating let downs get to you because you are just adding to the stress.
Me and my hubby have been ttc for almodt 3yrs, with no success. We have both been tested and are fine supposedly. We have even done 3 iui's in the past but since i no longer have that job i lost the insurance that covers it so we havent been able to try that again, but anyway, the point is you cant stop trying, never give up. Just think as hard as it is to get the baby it will be even harder to raise.
|

replied May 15th, 2007
thanks ladies... I feel better today...emotionally anyways... physically... I am still feeling queasy, tired and the boobs are still sore... not sure if it just a bug or something... AF is due within the next couple of days... I think I will just wait to see if it comes or not... hopefully not... Abbysmom congrats to you ... thanks for the reply... I read your post and it honestly gave me some hope... Lele... you are right.... getting frustrated doesn't help the cause.... and I really appreciate you sharing your experience...it means a lot to know that other women out there are going through the same emotions.... thanks again...
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2007
Experienced User
Hi
dont do this to yourself. I know you said you are feeling better and I really understand what you are going through. TTC process can be a very stressful thing. Hang in there and know that you will be successful sooner than later.
Baby dust your way.
|

replied May 16th, 2007
Thanks Negar. It really means a lot to me that took time out of your day to help me through.. I have read some of your posts and I really pray that it all works out for you... I know it will... thanks again...
|

replied May 17th, 2007
Experienced User
I Know
Believe me I know how you feel. I was taking hpt's every month three or four times a month for 2 years! I thought it would never happen and it was very depressing because all of my friends had kids. Just keep the hope, but try not to let it run your everyday life, because it ran mine and I was always having docs give me blood tests and I felt dumb. But i wish u luck
|

replied May 17th, 2007
So....
just to update... I am now 18 dpo... and no AF yet.... key word yet... I am so afraid to do another hpt... actually.. I'm not araid of the test... I'm afraid of the results... my cycles are 28 - 30 days... today is day 30... I think I'll just wait a little longer... I have some slight cramping... and when I go to check if AF has decided to pay a visit... there's nothing... well anyways I guess time will tell....
|

replied May 17th, 2007
How long will you wait to take a test? Try to take it easy and don't worry yourself to death, even though I know that it is useless, and you can't get your mind off of it, at least try.
Please keep us posted.

~~baby dust to all of us~~
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....