A couple years ago I twisted my knee, and there was so much pain that I was limping while walking. At the time I wasn't anywhere near my home so I could not get a brace on. When I finally did, the pain became worse. Tried taking things slow but that didn't help... and I noticed a growth or bump on the left side of my left knee... when I put my hand on my left knee I can feel it grinding, where-as my right knee is as smooth as ever.

Can anyone tell me what the medical term is for the hard growth on my knee? I had read somewhere (although I'm not sure where) that it was caused by the two leg bones rubbing on eachother harder than normal, which caused a bone growth, that consequently could lead to nerve damage if it hit the nerve that runs along the side of the leg????
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Tags: bone, left hand
Quick Reply
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....