Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Well Nothing Yet - Could This Mean...???

I might have a cyst???

So I still don't think that I have o'ed, but my temps have been slowly increasing, but still nowhere near post o temps. FF has not indicated that I o'ed either. The think is, that yesterday and today I have had this annoying pain in my lower right side that is staring to irritate me and is kinda scaring me. I hope that I don't have a cyst. I am now scared to death that this pain is going to get worse and it will end up being a cyst.

For you laides that have had them, can you let me know what kind of symptoms I should look for and what happend to you. I am trying not to overreact, I just want to know if that is what it is. Even with o pain and af cramps, it has not felt like this before. It feels like a pulling tightening sensation. AF isn't due for another week, so I just don't know what I am feeling.

Any suggestions???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
My cysts get very painful after a few weeks. A sharp pain that gets worse with movement. But because it is your right lower side you may want to go to the er. They can rule out your appendics. Which is major. But they will also do a tv ultra sound. so you'll know if it's a cyst or not.

And your sure theres no way your preggo....
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2007
Experienced User
Hi Star
I think you should go in and have it checked out so you don't have to keep wondering and worrying. Hope it's nothing and you come back home after the doctor's visit relieved.
|

replied May 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
mc4ever02 wrote:
My cysts get very painful after a few weeks. A sharp pain that gets worse with movement. But because it is your right lower side you may want to go to the er. They can rule out your appendics. Which is major. But they will also do a tv ultra sound. so you'll know if it's a cyst or not.

And your sure theres no way your preggo....

You are so funny... I think you are secretly trying to get me to take a test...hmmmm????? I secretly want to test, but i just don't think there is any way that would be possible.

So did your pain get progressively worse? or did it just hit you? Isn't your appendics like on your right side just about level with your hip bone? The pain I have is below my hip bone almost to where the leg joins and is slightly on the right side.
Also did your cyst burst and that is why you were in pain? Or do the cyst's just hurt in general? What kind of movement are you talking about, like walking or getting up suddenly?
Sorry for all the ?'s but I am just trying to decide what the problem is.

The pain is tollerable right now, it's just an annoying pulling feeling, but if it gets any worse I might have to go to the er.
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
lol...yeah...I do secretly want you to test.lol.

Yeah...the pain (in my case) gets progressivly worse by the day. It can hurt (like this present one) simply because of the size and the fact that it is in my ovary not on it. I have had them rupture before. It is an intense pain that will bring you to your knees. It takes a few days (sometimes longer depending on the size) for your body to absorb the fluid until that happens you'll be in some pain too.

If you have a cyst that ruptures it can irritate your appendix as well. But they say any time you have pain in the lower right quadrant to get it checked out. They'll get you back pretty quick because it can be serious if that is the case.

Like this last time I went to the er. I told them it was a cyst that I know what they feel like. But it's not something they can just trust you on. I like going to the er for it anyways.....this is going to sound aweful...but they always do a tv ultrasound. They check *everything* while there in there. And its nice to see that everything is fine (aside from a cyst) and its really cool to see.
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Oh yeah...movement. for me, it is pretty much any movement at all. I can't strech my legs all the way out either. I'm either slightly hunched over or laying in the fetal position. And letting my bladder get to full hurts from the pressure and the pressure being relieved even when it isn't hurts to.
|

replied May 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm not trying to downplay this girls, and if the twinge of pain does not go away, I will go to the er or doctor, but do you think that this pain could be caused from exercise? I am saying that because I just started to workout after a 2 week break and I have been doing a lot of situps and I am just noticing that my lower right back feels kinda pulled and right in my leg joint it hurts kinda.

Don't worry, I will go to the doctor if it doesn't get better, I was just wondering.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....