Hi. I have a question concerning perimenopause and bleeding in between periods. My periods have always been like clockwork and I skipped one at age 42. The next month I had two. One light 3 day period and the other normal. Since then and I am 45 now my periods have been erratic. One month fairly light and the next month fairly heavy. This month was a light one and about a week later I was sort of spotting. Better put I have been staining in between periods for about 3 or 4 months. Many people have told me I am showing signs of the change. I have some night sweats and irritability along with the mood swings. Is this staining normal? Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern.
These signs & symptoms are consistent with hormonal imbalance due to perimenopause.
I would suggest you to have transvaginal ultrasound,FSH & LH assay to sort it out.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menopause , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.