Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Thickened endometrium found during Ultrasonography of KUB an

User Profile
Hallo doctor,
yesterday my mother (72 years)with high blood pressuer (190/80)had ultrasonography of k.U.B and pelvis at a clinic.
(1) both kidneys are normal in size ,shape,position and outline.Renal parenchymall ecogenecity is normal with maintained corticomedullary differentiation.But they have found a cortical cyst is present at the upper pole of right kidney(4.8 cms in diameter).No calculas or hydronephrotic changes are noted in kidneys.Right kidney measures 10.6 cm and left kidney measure 9.2 cm in length.
(2) ureters are not dilated.
(3) urinary bladder is well distended with normal wall thickness.No intraluminal lesion is noted.
(4) uterus is normal in size,shape and position.It is anteverted.Myometrial echogenicity is normal.No obvious focal lesions are noted in the myometrium.But they found endometrial stripe is thickened and measures approx. 13mm in thickness.Uterus measures 7.3 x 4.3 x3.3 cm.
(5) both overies are small in size. No free fluid is seen in cul-de-sac

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2007
General Q&A Answer A2753
According to the ultrasound report your mother should only visit a gynecologist. You didn’t tell me why doctors ordered ultrasound examination. Thickened endometrium at that age (72) should be taken seriously. You can do hormonal analyses for estrogen and you have to consult some gynecologist immediately.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.