Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Brain Tumor...abcess?

okay, i posted this under a different topic [headaches], but i figured i might as well put it here too. i've been looking up what could be causing my symptoms and have found several things. brain tumor worries me most, but i might just be too worried about nothing. i'm only 17. sorry this is so long.

Around last november [2006] I began having sharp pains in my head. It's not constant and they only last a few seconds. Sometimes I get them many times during the day, and sometimes [although not often] I won't have any during the day. The only way I can think to describe how they feel is that it feels as if someone is pricking my brain [or nerves in my head] with a needle. It doesn't always happen in the same place, but is generally in the right back and front and the left back and front [on top]. About 2 1/2 weeks ago I began feeling pressure in my head, sometimes accompanied by mild nausea, and the sharp pains also. The way I can describe the pressure is that it feels as if someone were putting their hands on each side of my head and pushing as hard as they possibly could. The pressure/nausea often come together, but not always, and come and go through out the day. It makes it hard to concentrate at school when they happen. My mom is worried because she says my pupils are larger than they should be when there is plenty of light and she says it could be a sign of disease. She took nursing courses a while ago, so i'm just trusting her at the moment, although she's definitely not a professional. [no, i'm not doing drugs. That is not the reason for my pupils being large]. She has been promising to make an appointment with my pediatrician for some time, but still hasn't done so. also, I don't know if this is related, but I was sitting in class today and the left cheek on my face went numb for about 1 minute. It was very odd, especially since this has never happened to me before. Like I said, though, I don't know if this is related.

some of the symptoms i have match with brain tumors, but it might not be. i've also been very tired lately, and my coordination seems to be worse than usual. i've also been stumbling over my words a lot lately and sometimes i can't think clearly [although that may be a result of not enough sleep or something]. often, i feel like i have no energy. i get 7 hours of sleep each night [about], except on weekends when i sleep in. i've lost my appetite a bit too [don't know if that's related].

they're not migraines, i would know if they were. so...i don't know what's going on. any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2007
When you mentioned about the numbness on one side of your face (left cheek) to me that sounds like a symptom of stroke....if you experience numbness again go to the hospital!
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
If headache and vomiting is more early in the morning then its suggestive of brain tumour.
You would need fundoscopy,visual acuity and MRI brain with contrast to sort it out.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.