Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Headache, Chest-pain, Bone Cancer?

About a month ago I developed a tightness/pressure in my chest. The intensity varies from time to time, but the tightness never really goes totally away. Then, about two weeks ago I started having what sounds like tension-type headaches. I have the headaches everyday, but their intensity varies throughout the day and from day to day...they are generally worse in the evening. I have had several ECGs, chest x-rays, basic blood work (sugars and lipids), an echo cardiogram, and a CT scan. They all came back fine. The symptoms first developed while as was traveling in India (I had been there for about 3 months) a few days after leaving the tropical lowlands for higher elevation (~8000'). Also, I noticed a small bony lump on my skull about six months ago, though it may have been there longer. It has not grown and the headaches do not radiate from that point. Any thoughts on what all of this could mean? Could the small lump on my skull be bone cancer? Wouldn't the CT scan have caught it? Could that possibly explain the chest pain?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Your symptoms are consistent with somatoform pain disorder. You would need antidepressants like SSRI to combat this problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.