Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Scared For Bipolar Boyfriend

hello my boyfriend is bipolar and i witnessed a breakdown yesterday!! I am scared and don't know what to do. i have not been in this position before!! He broke down and told me that he is scarred of himself and that for the past 3 weeks that he wants to kill himself and that he wants to hurt people. I don't know what to do! I have wanted to break up with him for the past month but didn't have to heart to do so. we live together and i'm all that he has right now. but I ham soooooo scared and I know that I can't continue to live like this! PLEASE help me or direct me to someone that can help me. I can't sleep I can't eat. it's like I don't even know the person that I'm living with! I do love him, but I think that I can provide better support to him as a friend vs a girlfriend. Also, he has two daughters that he can't even see and he is very reliant on me. in fact he is working now, but he has to use my car to get there. so if we break up what will he do? He does have a great family aand he knows this! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me! ~Dionna
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Experienced User
Hmm
If he is threatening to hurt you or others, I would find him help ASAP. There are many resources for bipolar people, even low income people around. He could get on something and maybe get some therapy as well to get him back on track.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...