User Profile
I weigh in at 210lbs and I'm about 5'6" though I look like I'm maybe 160-180lbs. (smaller than what I actually am in other words, I'm overweight but not 'OHEMGEE I'm a whale!' just need too work on losing a few pounds, maybe 30bs to be lean. I've tried everything I could from diet and excercise to those t.v. infomercials like Hydroxy cut etc.

Has anyone else had this problem but found success? or think they might have a soulution? I'd like some help, and to be able to wear smaller clothes again, (I can still fit in store brands, but I'd like to look neat and not have any belly or whatever hanging out.).

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Experienced User
being of shorter stature it will take you longer to show the appearence of weight loss. Don't get discouraged. A proper diet and excersice is the best way to lose weight.
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
I shall try harder on that ... *nods*

I've just been gaining muscle in the process so it's a goal that's going to take a while to achieve!

Thank-you!
|

replied May 20th, 2007
Take measurments and buy a body fat scale but DO NOT gauge your progress by weighing yourself. Like you said you are gaining muscle. 2 pounds of muscle is less than half the size of 2 pounds of fat. Your muscles are the only part of your body that burn fat directly for fuel and they do this even when you are not exercising. Lastly do ever listen to anyone who tells you that if you weight train you will get bulky. This is a myth that started in the 70s and its lasted this long because it re-enforces peoples fear and gives them an excuse not to work out.

Good luck and have fun!
|
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....