okay so i took two preg. tests and both came out negative.. but i just don't understand how im not... If you have sexalmost everyday or every other day and even more so when you ovulate..wouldn't that give you a way higher percentage of being preg.? If so than why are my test negative?? its kinda brings you down when you feel like you are but the test are negative..

feel free to comment or leave me something on what i should do.
thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It takes a healthy couple up to a year to conceive. How long have you been trying? You should also not be having sex but every other day at the most.
|

replied May 8th, 2007
we have been trying for about 2 months.
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
In spite of what people say you don't always get pregnant the first time you have unprotected sex. It took me and my hubby 10 months to conceive our son.

That doesn't mean you can gamble with it. Please wear protection if either of you aren't ready for a child! Protection is also a must because of STD's but if you 2 are ready for a baby and you have both been checked for std's then I say just give it time. A dr won't even talk to you about not getting pregnant until you have been ttc for at least a year.

If you can't believe the test then go to the dr.'s and get a blood test done.
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Supporter
Like mc (sorry can't remember your name hun!) said it takes the average couple a year to conceive. Yes there will be some people who get pregnant after one night stands but that's just the way the cookie crumbles, people are different.
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yep, in school all they teach you is "it only takes once" which is true. But that once might not be the first time. Rolling Eyes There are a few of us going through the same thing.

There is a forum 'Getting pregnant' you might want to join us over there. I'm .Christy I'm 20 and we're ttc our first. This is about our 3rd month, so not much longer than you!

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
|

replied May 8th, 2007
my name is kendall and im 19. i know it i seem young but im very mature for my age & i live on my own and everything with my boyfriend of course .. but yeah they should really teach you that in school i dont see the point in telling people it takes one shot and boom your preg. oh well. ill wait no biggy.
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I started ttc whenever I was 20 so I don't think that you are too young if you are ready for it. So welcome and btw I am .Courtnie and I am married to .Dan and I am 24 weeks pregnant with our son .Luke .Daniel.
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Supporter
I don't think you're too young, you're actually 4 years older than me! Anyway i'm .Danni and i'm 33 weeks pregnant with a little girl called .Mika .Charlotte who is due on the 23rd june which also happens to be the day after my birthday
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm 20 not much older than you. I'm plenty old enough to have children. My husband is excited we have everything in line. So age really doesn't have alot to do with it.

And technically it does only take once. Timing is whats key. Plenty of people have a condom "malfunction" and end up pregnant. But there are plenty of "malfunctions" that don't end in pregnancy.
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Supporter
mc4ever02 wrote:
I'm 20 not much older than you. I'm plenty old enough to have children. My husband is excited we have everything in line. So age really doesn't have alot to do with it.

And technically it does only take once. Timing is whats key. Plenty of people have a condom "malfunction" and end up pregnant. But there are plenty of "malfunctions" that don't end in pregnancy.

Count me in as one of those malfunctions Laughing
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Dannzibelle wrote:
mc4ever02 wrote:

Laughing I think we have a couple of them on here!!!
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Supporter
mc4ever02 wrote:
Dannzibelle wrote:
mc4ever02 wrote:

I think we do indeed! It just amazes me to think that if we had used a differnt condom from the box i might not be pregnant right now and that scares me because i love my little girl so much
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Dannzibelle wrote:
mc4ever02 wrote:
Dannzibelle wrote:
mc4ever02 wrote:

I think we do indeed! It just amazes me to think that if we had used a differnt condom from the box i might not be pregnant right now and that scares me because i love my little girl so much

Shocked Wow....That'll make you think! How different would your life have been? Shocked
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Supporter
It really really scares me! Well me and .Dom would be together like we are now but i would quite proberly be drinking, smoking some errrm herbs...., and going to so many gigs. I might have started my modelling career off who knows? i would be going to college in september though i know that much!
|

replied May 8th, 2007
yeah age its just a number. but i think my mom would be a little pissed off but thats the only thing that im worryed about is having my mom mad but its my life and im going to live it the way i want.. and i know a few people that have the condom brake ive been there i was preg. before with my ex bf and well we lost the baby. but i think that worked out for the best b/c he turned out to be physco after we broke up. but with my boyfriend now i love him sooo much more i cant wait to marry him and just spend the rest of my life with him. but the timing thing that all has to do with like marking it down on the calender? and knowing when you ovulate and stuff and ovualtion can happen early or late so i mean how do you really know when you are or not?
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Does your bf want a baby now too?

You can chart your temps or you can use opks. Do you have a regular cycle?
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
while it does only technically take one time, that one time has to involve the right egg and sperm...if either have a problem then there wont be a pregnancy, also they actualy have to meet, your timing could have been even a little off and they didnt meet

also like mc said every other day is the most you two should try, that is because if you have sex every day or more then once a day the sperm count wont be as high as if you do every other day, that can mean there arent enough sperm to find the egg (they die rather easy, and i dont think they are all that smart, im pretty sure they get lost....thats the male gene for you lol) every other day is plenty to get you pregnnat eventually

now im gonna lecture, dont take it personal please...
be sure this is what you want, be abslutly positive you are ready for a baby, there are a lot of young mums on here that now dont think they are ready anymore, its hard work....although you could very well be ready, i just want you to be sure....and this has nothing to do with your age, there are plenty of older women who cant handle it, arent ready, and wish they would have waited

good luck and stick around

~alicia~
|

replied May 8th, 2007
yeah my cycle is regualr. and my boyfriend was the one who came to me about it. sooo i was shocked but anyways ... i am ready for a baby i raised most of my siblings and cousins and a few kids that lived around me for years so im ready i know its hard work but there is nothing i rather do than teach my kid the things my parents tought me and just watch them injoy life and have fun... being a mom is a full time job and prepaired for it. i love kids more than anything always have.
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
well in that case good luck, and i hope you get your bfp soon

~alicia~
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....