So I am sitting at work today - day two of my upset stomach - and completely stressed out. I have two projects going right now. one is under control, but the other one has me climbing the walls. I have not gotten much direction from my bosses and they are nowhere to be found right now so I'm stuck.... uggggg

Anyways, Does anyone know if stress can have a factor on ovulation??? I know that it can have an effect on periods and make them late or a no show, but what about ovulation???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Technically stress does not make your period late. Stress causes you to ovulate later, therefore, making your period late. Does that make since?

When my doctor told me how to chart my temps she said to mark down all sorts of factors that could effect the results. One of the factors was emotional destress. So It def has an effect on it. I think thats a main reason people tend to get pg on there months off, or as soon as they take a break. Because they're not as stressed by it. That's what I think anyways.

Have you been doing anthing to help relax at home?
|

replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Oh ok that makes sense. I didn't think of it that way. So I guess that all this stress might be making me o later than normal which might make my cycle longer than 26 days this month.

As far as relaxing, I can easily unwind once I get home. Last night when i came home, dh already had dinner going. I had cleaned out one of the bedroom closets and had 4 boxes that I needed to take up to the attic and he had already done that before I got home. So he has been a big help. That and a nice big glass of wine does the trick at home, then it starts all over again at work. I swear this place is the only thing that keeps me sane durring the day.

Are you feeling any better today???
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm glad your dh is being helpful. It's always eaier when you don't have to nag to get something accomplished. It's almost like hes listening Shocked

I'm feeling pretty crappy. Just got a lot of crap going on and the hormones aren't helping me deal with it like a big girl. I kinda just want to go in the corner and pout. Embarassed But I know that won't help anything. I'm in a good amount of pain. But I tested yesterday and got a bfn so I'm comfortable taking the darvocet I was prescribed. I'm feeling really crampy too. I don't know what that's about. Rolling Eyes

So how late are you?
|

replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
mc4ever02 wrote:

So how late are you?

I am not late for my period, but I should have o'ed on Saturday and my temperature keeps going down and you are supposed to have a rise after ovulation.
Question Question Question
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Oh.....I gotcha Wink

Do you use opks at all?

Like I said before many things can throw off your temps. Emotional stress, excercise, insomnia, nightmares.....alot of things.
|

replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
yeah I normally use them, but when i went to test on Friday I only had one left. i didn't know I was running low, so I had to order more.

I have work stress, life stress and insomnia...no wonder i'm off.
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Do you order them off ebay?

Yeah, with all the things that effect it it's a wonder more people aren't off.
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Experienced User
Hi Girls
We really need to do something about stress...Star, how about a spa day for you? Mc, I think you should go out and party with the girls. I need to get myself numb enough with oh I don't know...I may use acupunture and give that a go. I am going down fast. I have no symptoms of pregnancey and It is my 6dpiui. All the success stories I read on line have some symptoms by now... Crying or Very sad
|

replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
mc4ever02 wrote:
Do you order them off ebay?

Yup yup,

They are very reasonable.... $8 for like 25. I guess it ends up being like $9 or $10 with shipping.

I guess you and I are the only ones on this board today, huh???
Seems kinda quiet in here
|

replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Hi Girls
negar wrote:
We really need to do something about stress...Star, how about a spa day for you? Mc, I think you should go out and party with the girls. I need to get myself numb enough with oh I don't know...I may use acupunture and give that a go. I am going down fast. I have no symptoms of pregnancey and It is my 6dpiui. All the success stories I read on line have some symptoms by now... Crying or Very sad

Negar if you can come and fill in for me at work, I'm all about sittin at the spa all day!!! lol!!!

Don't give up hope - just because you don't have any noticable symptoms right now that doesn't mean that they could be on their way. Or you could be one of those who do not get any symptoms until after they find out they are pregnant. (That happened to my best friend - she got so tired and sick all the time after she found out.)
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Negar-Dont give up hope! Most women say the month they get there bfp was the month with the least 'symptoms' than any previous month. Keep your head up!
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....