Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Am I an insomniac ? Exhausted, Panic at night, can't sleep .

User Profile
Hei! I am suffering of a sleeping disorder since a pretty long time. I havent been to the doctor about this problem yet. Never find time. I have to small kids, 2 years and 8 months and i am working in a restaurant 4-5 days a week. I WAKE UP EVERY night around 5.30-6 AM O`clock. The problem is i can never fall asleep before 2 o clock. I lay down hours, twisting in bed, worried and afraid of none specific reasons. I stand up a lot during the day, my legs hurts, i have trrrible head aches, sometimes i am deasy and nousious. Have problems focusing and remembering things. I have to mention that i had sleeping problems all my life i think. i can sllep in the mornings, but never fall asleep in the night. And then i panic . And i have so many things to do, i have to take care of the kids, and it is so hard . i am so exhausted. Am i an insomniac?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2007
Sleep Disorders Answer A2737
According to the symptoms you report (weariness, fear, headache, dizziness, nausea, problems with focusing and memory, panic, insomnia…), you could be experiencing some type of anxious-depressive disorder. It seems that insomnia is, in fact, only one symptom of a possible primary anxious-depressive disorder. Obligations to work and to kids can make you exhausted and that can also contribute to a build up of anxiety. You can try to be more rational while achieving your duties at work and at home. You may also consult a mental health doctor or psychologist to learn techniques that can help you manage overload.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sleep Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.