My wife has lost a portion of her scalp after a head wound became infected. What are her options to enable her to resume hair growth on the affected area?
Thank you,
jack firth
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 1st, 2004
Hair Replacement
Hi there. I used to be an assistant for Dr. Carl shory at latham's hair clinic. They are located in birmingham and huntsville alabama. They have had several famous clientele, and for the period that I worked there, I saw why. I assisted in a surgery where a 16 year old girl had a chemical burn on her scalp. (it was pretty bad) Dr. Shory had reccommended that the girl let the burn heal first, and form a scar. When she came in, we all suited up and I sterilized her head with phisoderm shampoo. (it is a very sterile invironment) Dr. Shory then injected small numbing injections in and around the area to be worked on. (this was while the patient was watching a movie!!) the dr then cut the area out that would not regrow hair and sewed the area up in a way that there is not a scar. (i think he understiched-if that is a word) in a couple of weeks, we removed her sutures and you would have never known that anything had happened to her! She was a very happy camper.
I personally would reccommend them to my own family...And Dr. Shory is one of the most talented, interesting, and sweet men I have ever met!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....