Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Help Me Help My 4yr Old Cope With Our Marriage Separation.

I have three children two boys and a girl . The eldest is 13yrs boy , second 7yrs girl and 3rd 4yrs boy. I am particularly worried about the 4yr old boy. How can I help him to cope with our separation.
your help is vry much needed. :javascript:emoticon('Confused')
Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 24th, 2007
Re: Help Me Help My 4yr Old Cope With Our Marriage Separatio
zaski wrote:
I have three children two boys and a girl . The eldest is 13yrs boy , second 7yrs girl and 3rd 4yrs boy. I am particularly worried about the 4yr old boy. How can I help him to cope with our separation.
your help is vry much needed. :javascript:emoticon('Confused')
Confused

its always the hardest on children when a seperation happens in a family. They often blame themselves for it because they are too young to understand what took place or why.

sit down and talk to them and explain that they had nothing to do with your seperation. If you are still on speaking terms with the hubby but can not live together why not have him join you when explaing this to the kids. it is going to be hard especially on your little man. tell him that he can help you alot by doing some of the 'big man' things in the house. like checking doors or windows with you before he goes to bed. Help you 'carry' out the garbage. let him help you decide what the menus will be and if you take him shopping, point out different sales and which products are healthier that others. this will be a great learning process for him and it will get his mind off of things for a minute or two.

when you see him getting down, try to divert him by playing a game of nintendom, or get him involved in other games that you can play with him and the others. you can do all of these things with the rest of the kids as well,
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...