User Profile
I am 31 and I have been struggling with my weight for 13 years. I had a child at the age of 17. After he was born I weighed 165 size 12 I was happy with that size and would have been happier stay at that size. But I got on the depo shot directly after having him and in 1 year I had put on 90 pounds size 20.I got off the depo and with out much effort in to trying to lose it because of depression I weighed 200 at size 18 by the time I had my second son. I remained at this weight and size until after my divorce. My joke is that ilost 175 pounds, 115 of that being my ex lol. I was a size 14 and extremly happy. I hooked up with someone new in my life and have been with him for 4 years and again put the weight back on. I now weigh 210 and I am a size 18 again.

Now here is the rest of my story. I work 10 hour days 4 days a week with infants in a daycare. I go to school 4 days a week in the evenings and I spend as much quality time with my boys on my free time when they are in bed is when I do my homework. I have a pretty stressful life be sides that we live beyond paycheck to paycheck, and so and so forth!!

My question is how much, lets saying walking, would one have to do not just for health but to lose weight and anyother suggestions that might help me lose weigtht. What to eat how many calories should I try to keep it under? How much water to drink to help with weight loss? Any other suggestions would be great. But they have to be ones that I can maintain with my busy schedule.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
You are suppose to get 10000 steps a day to maintain weight and 15000 to lose weight...with a sensible diet. You are suppose to eat 10x your weight to maintain...although I don't beleive that cause if I ate 10x my weight I'd weigh even more. You are suppsoe to get at least 64oz of water per day...some places go so far as to say you are suppose to drink twice your weight in ounces...crazy if you're fat! Anyway, you should read into volumetrics...it's about how to fill up with less...basically anything high in water will fill you up with less callories. The basis is that we all eat the same weight of food each day but how high calorie it is per that weight makes the difference. Really getting exercise is the key..but no one wants to hear that. Anyway soup, salad and high water low calorie fruits liek grapefruit stawberry watermelon etc for snacks...cookies, crackers and bread etc are really low in water content and high in calories....Peanut butter is the worst...read up on it....there is a new book that came out last week....
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Experienced User
Thank you so much for your reply. When you say 15000 steps to lose weight I had never heard that before its usually so many minutes of exersice. You mentioned a book but I don't think you mentioned the name. I was also wondering where you have found the other info? Again thank you for your reply and suggestions. I would like to hear more info if you happen to have any or anyone else. Thank you
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2007
Hi again,

I was a team leader in a program sponsored at my work called eat well.live well. It focuses on getting 10000 steps per day and 5 cups of fruit and veggies. In the paperwork it says that you need 10K to maintain and 15K to lose weight.

The book is called The Volumetrics Eating Plan: Techniques and Recipes for Feeling Full on Fewer Calories. Long title.

Good Luck...Getting mvoing is the key to losing weight. Eating fewer calories is ok but it will cause your metabolism to get worse...I also read somwhere that light strength training will help a lot too cause it build lean muscle mass that burns more calories.
|
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....