User Profile
I got a happy face today on my digital opk test...so I just called the Fertility Clinic and I am scheduled for my first IUI tomorrow at 10am.
I am sooooooo excited!!
Wish me luck
Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Good luck Dprssd!!! Very Happy Very Happy

I hope everything turns out great.
|

User Profile
replied May 6th, 2007
Good Luck!!!!
|

User Profile
replied May 6th, 2007
Experienced User
Good luck Dprssd, I am so praying for you.Hope you get your BFP with this IUI.
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Fingers crossed!!!

~Baby dust~
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2007
Experienced User
Dprssd
good luck honey...Wow, let me know how you feel after the iui. Here's hoping and wishing and praying for you and everyone else in this forum... Smile
|

replied May 7th, 2007
Experienced User
Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2007
Experienced User
Thanks Girls
Thanks so much for all the baby dust!
The IUI went fine. The nurse said my dh's sample was at 91%, so I'm really hopeful. And now the 2ww begins.....this will be the hardest 2ww ever!!

Negar, I felt totally fine after. I took the day off of work, laid on the couch and watched Oprah Razz
You know....the whole proceedure only cost us $175. I didn't have an u/s which I thought was weird. That is a pretty drastic difference to what they charge at your clinic. I know the u/s costs money, but not that much! Wonder what else is different?

Anyway...going to take it easy. She said no running for 2 weeks...no problem!
Smile
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I glad your feeling well...

Stupid question....why can't you run? Embarassed
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2007
Experienced User
Well...the nurse said that the impact from running could interupt the process. I usually push myself when I run anyway...so I won't argue with that. She said not to run just to be safe...but I have friends that ran through their whole pregnancy. Strange.
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
How are you feeling today? Getting any positive feelings about the process?
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Experienced User
Hi MC
I'm feeling really good actually. I just got back from an accupuncture appointment and I'm totally relaxed. He puts on a fertility meditation cd while I'm laying there for an hour and I tell you...it can really uplift you.
I was kind of put-off by what the nurse said to me yesterday after I finished the iui.
I said "so, do you have much success with 1st iui's" ?
And she said "Rarely".
I thought...what a disheartening thing to say! She could at least say that some people get lucky the first time around. Weird eh?
But anyway....the accupuncture today made me feel better. This is really going to be a tough 2ww. I'm so anxious!
How are you doing?
Thanks for checking in Smile
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Experienced User
Hey Dprssd
Glad to hear you are doing well. Relaxing is so important Smile I can't believe the nurse told you that. Confused That is insensetive...
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I think taking the time to relax is ssoooo important. It can make a very tense time much easier and manageable.

What bad bedside manner. Confused She could have at least said....It really depends on allot of things...and that would have completely skirted the question but not make you feel down. That was borderline rude...

I hope you have beginners luck! Keep us updated on how you're feeling!

~sticky baby dust~
|

replied May 8th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Good luck Dprssd! I hope your 2ww is relaxing.

Wow, I can't believe the dr advised you not to run for two weeks. That is a long time. Two days would sound more reasonable. Are you bouncing off the walls yet?
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2007
Experienced User
Thanks for the support girls. I asked my TCM about what the nurse said, and he was surprised too. He said they probably do more IVF at that clinic than IUI, so perhaps her response was biased? Anyhoo, I'm not going to let it get me down.

Shortgeek - Yes, I'm climbing the walls. I usually run every Tues, Thurs and Sat. Last night was my first missed run. I felt guilty. But it's all worth it in the end. Instead I went out for a steak with my friend. See....steak wasn't on the menu until about 6 months ago. I was vegan for 3.5 years, and the past year I was so anaemic i couldn't stand up without holding on to something. And I had this constant buzzing feeling in my head. I tried every kind of supplement, vit B shots, everything short of a blood transfusion. Finally my naturopath just said "You are going to have to eat meat". So reluctantly I chowed down on an organic steak every 12 days or so. I swear I felt better in 2 weeks. All symptoms are gone. Now, I don't have any problem with it. (Although DH is still vegan and is not so happy about it, but your health is your health!)
Wow! I digress.
Thanks again girls.
xox
|

replied May 9th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I used to avoid red meat (and butter, etc.) when I was a competitive runner in high school. It made me iron deficient, which I think is like a pre-anemic condition. Iron supplements seemed to work for me. My mom is convinced that I'm going to have osteoporosis from it because she read recently that teenage girls with iron deficiency and/or amenorrhea should take calcium supplements in addition to iron supplements.

Now my philosophy is that a balanced diet involves everything in moderation. It makes me feel less deprived when you let yourself have food that you enjoy eating. Of course, I don't feel guilty for eating something that used to be alive.

Well, I hope that the steak and the time off from running is worth it by giving you a bfp! BTW, did your doctor say anything about long runs? Maybe you could substitute a walk for a run. It's a different exercise, but the taking the time to do it might keep you from bouncing off the walls and might help keep you in the habit of getting out at the same time.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....