Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

First Time On Bc And There's Bleeding Already!

User Profile
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I have a question about 'Breakthrough bleeding'.

I recently started 'Tri-cyclen lo (21pills)' on the 22nd of April and I just started the bleeding around the 2nd or 3rd of May. How long does the bleeding itself last before I should start getting worried? I know it'll be around for a couple months due to my body adjusting to the pills, it's just the bleeding time that erks me. I have my boyfriend coming up and we haven't really seen eachother in a while, I don't want this to get in the way. (I sound so harlot like Sad)

Anyways that's all I'm curious about, thank-you so much for your time! Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Yeah that sucks. The bleeding thing is hard to say, it really depends on who you are. . .

However, there is nothing wrong with having sex while you have your period.... some people even say it is better. And you can take a shower together afterward if it is too messy or something.
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
*nods* Ahh Okay ...

I was just worried be cause I just had my period on the 19-25th and I started bleeding again on the 3rd or so and had a 'ftw?' moment, I didn't know if it was normal or not and how long it last etc.

Anyhoo, We might do that, he's not big on the blood bit... but we'll see.

Thanks a bunch! Very Happy
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...