Hello everyone!
I have had lupus for a Sad long time, and have had various odd reactions along the way. I watch my diet pretty closely, but do indulge in my passion for chocolate occasionally. I got some on valentine's day and have noticed that my face rash has gotten worse when I eat it. Has anyone else found that chocolate will do this? ( I am hoping that it isn"t that.. But I have a sinking feeling it is... Sigh.)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 3rd, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi Sunny1!
Hi sunny1! I cannot say that I have ever had a problem with chocolate. Anyone else? It is usually the foods with sulfites that kill me...Wine being one of the worst!

Hope you find an answer! Hugs,
ladybrannon
|

replied March 4th, 2004
Experienced User
Not Chocolate
No no no no no!!!!! Not chocolate, you've got to be joking! Actually, this is my comfort food and I eat it whenever I need some chemical love. You know chocolate produces the same chemical reation in your body that being in love produces. I'm not lying, it's scientific fact!

About the wine, I found wines from italy that do not add sulfites (some sulfites occure natuarally during the fermenting process) do not bother me as much. You really just have to do a little wine tasting, with say a thimble full, that's all it takes for a reaction with me.

Wouldn't it be great if we could just sit down with a glass of wine and a piece of chocolate! Yum!

Have a great day,

mia
|

replied March 6th, 2004
Hi mia
i am glad to hear that chocolate is not a regular trigger for reactions for fellow lupus sufferers. Sometimes it is hard to figure out if it's even food or an external factor. I have discovered, since I posted, that it was probably a cologne my daughter got for a gift that caused my reaction. I was so glad to realize that that I ate a dove bar! Hehe
no reaction! Hooray!
Another question for you...
Has there been any talk about premarin causing problems with lupus? I had a total hysterectomy 6 months ago and am taking a very low dose hormone. ( the hot flashes were bad before and went away after the surgery and I began the pills.) now, all this time later, the hot flashes are coming back at night. I am thinking it could just be the lupus.
I will ask my gyn about it, of course, but just wondered if anyone else has had a problem with hot flashes, or night sweats, while on low dose estrogen therapy.
Thanks,
sunny
|

replied March 7th, 2004
Experienced User
Hot-flashes
I don't take hormones, but when I run fevers they always cause night sweats for me. That's how I know i'm having or ready to have a flare.

Good luck

mia
|

User Profile
replied June 8th, 2010
Healthy Chocolate
Did you know that there is a real Healthy Chocolate product out there - Xoçai? I found it and I love it so much that I want everyone to know about it. Turns out that cacao is the highest antioxidant food there is and when they make it like this product - cold pressed and mixed with acai berries and blueberries it's a super health food because it's also filled with nutrients. It has helped a lot of my friends.
Chris
|
Tags: lupus, rash, Diet
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....