User Profile
I'm watching an undercover tv show about midwives and i am now officially terrified of giving birth! One woman had to give birth in the hallway because that wards were full, one was refused pain relief because the midwife delivering didn't believe in it, One woman lost one of her twins because of complications that wern't dealt with and another had a really painfull hip condition a couldn't walk and her baby was put into another ward for no reason.
I am so glad the hospital i'm having .Mika in isn't like that one!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I try not to watch stuff like that because it makes me all nervous and crap.

There is this awesome book that you should read! It's ".Ina .May's guide to chirldbirth". It makes you look at birthing in a different light. I love it!
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i'm watching it too. the hospital i was in wasn't much better
|

replied May 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
I just watched that...it totally freaked me out and im not even pregnant. I felt so sorry for those parents who lost one baby and had the other who became brain damaged because of lack of oxygen.
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2007
Supporter
Reading up on this stuff is like a double edge sword. It's good to know what could possibly happen(when i was pregnant with .brian i didn't read up on c-sections.. wish i had) even though it's not extremely common, but it worries you so much. You don't need to be stressing out so much. It's not good for you or the baby.

so either you don't educate yourself on these issues and be oblivious to what can/could happen, or you can choose to learn as much as you can, and at the same time worry yourself to death.

sucks!
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
musikmaker wrote:
I try not to watch stuff like that because it makes me all nervous and crap.

There is this awesome book that you should read! It's ".Ina .May's guide to chirldbirth". It makes you look at birthing in a different light. I love it!

I Loved that book!! another great one is "Babycatcher", but I forget the name of the author. I also read "Birthing from within" and I have given it as a gift to all of my friends who have been prego.
|

replied May 3rd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Right before I had .Logan, I heard a lot of stories about how the hospital he was going to be born in often had a shortage of space for post-delivery and that they sometimes would put women in the hallway!

I was totally appalled by the thought of having to hang out in the hall right after giving birth - not to mention while I'm trying to breastfeed. Luckily, there was plenty of room when I was there and I got my own room.
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2007
Supporter
I stopped watching it because i know i would terrify myselft into believing that all of those things will happen to me but thank god i know that the hospital i'm having .Mika in isn't like that, my sister had both of hers there and said it was amazing so pheeeeeeeew
|

replied May 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
scary Crying or Very sad things you should not watch before giving children! Laughing
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...