Hi, I'm new here. I guess I just need a little support as no-one in my non-virtual life knows that I'm still suffering from bulimia. I came clean about the problem when I was 19 to my family...and then again when I was 21 or 22 but everyone thinks I'm cured...Now I'm in my 30s and I've never really totally recovered. It comes and goes. I can go months without any problems. But then something will set me off to binge and purge and get obsessed about my weight. I am short, only 5ft and weigh 91-95 pounds. I know in my HEAD that I'm slim but I feel fat and I'm fatter than I have been before...people tell me I'm more 'rounded'...why do people feel they have the right to talk about skinny people's weight and shape to their faces all the time?? No-one ever mentions weight to my 160 pound sister...SIGH! I'm obsessed with food and what I'm intolerant of...sugar is my worst nightmare. One bite of something with glucose or fructose and I know I'm gonna binge, the very next time I'm left alone...then I have to purge because I feel the sugar is poison in my system. This is exacerbated as I suffered from chronic Candida for 3 years which made me even more obsessed with diet. ANYWAY..for any of you who has got this far in this heroically dull, epic post...I have just been left alone again by my musician boyfriend who is off on tour again and I binged within minutes of him leaving the house. I've had enough. I'm going to stop this nonsense. I guess I just need somebody to be there to whom I can confess my successes and lack of successes in this endeavor...I have no money for counselling (it is SO expensive in the UK!)..and no-one else can know I still suffer from this...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
well we are all here if you need someone to talk to, i would have suggested counseling but seeing as its unnaffordable for you im not sure what advice i have to offer. Sometimes writing out your feelings etc can help control them, or when u have the urge to binge find something else to do to occupy your time, yes i know easier said then done but thats the best i can think of to help without seeking help professionally. Have you checked to see if there are any sorta free support groups of people with eating disorders around you etc? Maybe your family can help you out or a really good friend, i find it easier to recover when i am happy. Being depressed just seems to make it all much much worse then is has to be.
|

replied May 3rd, 2007
Thank You...
For your quick response...This is the first time I've admitted to still having a problem, even if it's only in print for about two years...and at that time it was only to my homeopath, who is lovely but he's a man who has never suffered from this and doesn't really understand. I've kind of given up ever being happy with my body but I just want to have a healthier attitude to eating. And I'm determined this time. Maybe I'll see if there is a support group nearby too. My Boyfriend is obsessed with his weight and food too because he's in the limelight as a singer, so it's tricky...
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi.
I'm glad you're eager to get help. Admitting that you have a problem is really the hardest part, because it's the beginning of everything. Iy's one step closer to the cure, ok?
Din't let yourself down. Anything you need, pm me. Smile
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....