Hi I am new to the fourm and could realy use some advise. in 2003 i had bloating and rectail bleeding. the dr sent me in for a barium enema. it showed I had a divetriclum, then this test result was hidden from me. the bleeding and bloating got worse. i went back to my doctor, he said the problem was hemroids and said the barium enema was entirly normal. for the next 4 years I got worst and worse. being poor I was living off barries all summer. by the end of summer I would be in rough shape. the drs got so tired of me, they tried to put me on skitsophrenic pills because of my imaginary desease. last year my colestrial and iron levels where way up. I finaly had such a bad case of infection and pain that they ordered a barium enema. it showed diverticulitits through out the entire colon. instead of the drs admiting they where wrong, they just shut down there practises and left. my question is, can a bad case of diverticulitits cause life treatning problems like iorn overload and dvt, high colestreal.
paul
|ps spell check wont work for me, sorry.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i'm sorry to hear of the problems you are having. unfortunately i can't offer any advice but i hope you are able to find an answer soon.
|

replied May 3rd, 2007
Diverticulitis
hello sorry the way the doctors have being treating u the answer is yes diverticulitis can life threatning most cases are treatment of antibiotics and diet but some allso have to be hospitalized on iv drip and allso surgery can be involved i am myself being treated for divertiulitis its realy un pleaseant i allso have ibs hope u get well soon
|
Must Read
Diverticulitis can affect any area of the digestive tract. Learn more about basic digestive system anatomy as we define what is diverticulitis here....
Do doctors know what causes internal inflammation of the digestive system? Are you at risk of developing diverticulitis? Learn more now....
Learn the characteristic signs of diverticulitis, and its possible complications here. Plus, more on when to seek help for diverticulitis in this section....